• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What you have to realize is all such entreaties for advice appears on the screens of others as, "Tell me what your pet X is and how it would actually fill the bill for what I really want."

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mrs. Piob has had good service experience with her Volvo and IMO service > sales.

Yeah, surprised to see this. My experience went off without a hitch. I was in and out within 1/2 hour and that includes test drive.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So this thing went for $55,555. Worst bmw color still, but I’m not at all surprised

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So this thing went for $55,555. Worst bmw color still, but I’m not at all surprised

I like Phoenix Yellow..., in picture at least, do they look more say "mustard" in person?

brokencycle

Reaction score
she already has a motorcycle. And for the love of god she needs to sell the *************.

Well have you heard about Peak Porsche? It might be outside the price range by a bit, but that's the least important criteria.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's had multiple rides in it, albeit, not at the 'Ring.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Phoenix Yellow..., in picture at least, do they look more say "mustard" in person?
A little bit, I’d say more Dijon than honey mustard tho. But the metal flake is very pronounced so i don’t think it’s that mustard-y overall

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
What you have to realize is all such entreaties for advice appears on the screens of others as, "Tell me what your pet X is and how it would actually fill the bill for what I really want."

Come on now Piob, this is a stretch. I listened to @gomestar on the question put forward. So let me present an argument as to why the Suzuki is unfairly maligned. even now, by you. Give me 24 hours to prove just how spot on the rec is for her.

She said she needs a city beater. as far as a city car goes, you can't do much better. why?
-Visibility.
-Economical
-Ease of parking
-Has enough storage for shopping or work bags
-Easy to drive
-Reliability
-Low service labor costs, and low cost of service parts
An aftermarket that is eye watering. making any car special
-All seasons fun
-For City driving, weird Curbs are not an issue
-Seats 2 in comfort

more to come, but first i will get pictures. and onion rings.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
In that short drive to get onion rings and a chocolate milk (2 stops) I saw 19 Jimny's.
7 in the 1st gen (Samurai) body style.

These things are everywhere. And with good reason.
Are they all tipping over? No. that would be crazy.
Something that may or may not surprise you is Women love them as much as guys do.
They are the "Cute" 4WD. So i'll often see lightly modified ones, clean, with wheels and decorations like outdoor brand stickers on the windows. (Patagonia,TNF,Chums. . )

The more hardcore ones are mostly driven by guys. with extensive suspension mods, Turbo mods,over fenders, skid plates,etc.

The step 1 mods? Wider offset wheels & tires,and a small shovel where the spare wheel would be.
And that's enough for most people.

The Suzuki Jimny / Samurai is an institution.
All models.
With a plethora of varied enthusiasts.
The whole bullshit claim of "here is not like there" is nonsense. our highway speeds max at 110kph. And they can do faster than that. Urban driving is urban driving. Whether Sapporo or San Francisco, The Suzuki is an ideal small commuter car.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Clean and lightly modified.
barbar88bar-img1200x900-1529285486flxly21896.jpg

barbar88bar-img1200x900-1529285486yx324m1896.jpg

JQ0005_1_640x480_70.jpg

BjjNmz74_xIYPzZUYsjGd2oldn3t-nxEZSb9mG-xSqnjAqBNgQVjHzadNaXA7zRwUHv4yfiLibDx-PqUXw3dAeXc2o0JFPpmvRPZ74ejPLvwGLnNKDIunlN7zSA41-HjBnM

Full Tilt:
p689702376.1.jpg

U00031208762_001L.JPG

IMG_9646-1024x768.jpg

And i'm not the only one. It could be, in fact. Japan's most popular car.

As for aftermarket? This is just one store.
A one-stop shop of Suzuki Badassery. All custom bits to go from No to whoa.
This is the area for bits that will fit a Samurai:
15 Pages of tune-up parts.
One. Store.
Then you have, all the other places you could look. ;)

When i off the cuff suggested a Samurai. I really wasn't joking.
One of the most renowned cars in the world.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics