• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could’ve sworn that was James May at the 4:00 mark. Loved his take on SUV’s though

Loved early 90’s Jeremy Clarkson. I was shocked to hear such high praise towards the Viper from him. One thing I love about that car is the unpredictable nature of it. You never know when it’s going to kill you and there’s a certain kind of exhilaration to that. Similar to the Ferrari F40, which had a similar attribute whenever you winded up those turbos. I’ll take either feeling any day of the week over something like a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, which was so predictable that even Captain Slow himself was able to navigate to 259mph. Reaching top speed in a Viper, which wasn’t even close to that high, was too ludicrous of a endeavor that it was hardly ever attempted. This due in part to its ridiculously loud side mounted exhaust & neck snapping torque.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
In today's "Rando Car Reviews" I test drive:

Honda Life.
PSX_20201019_201500.jpg
PSX_20201019_201433.jpg
PSX_20201019_201400.jpg
PSX_20201019_201305.jpg
PSX_20201019_201330.jpg
DSC_5192.JPG
DSC_5190.JPG
DSC_5193.JPG
DSC_5194.JPG
DSC_5195.JPG
DSC_5196.JPG

This Kei car boasts power windows, that you can reach at all 4 doors.Electric mirrors, A/C, and a radio.
what else do you really need?
At 126,000 Kilometers it's still fresh.
Back again with the column shift auto, gear shifts are available. And it has brakes.
Featuring a Honda 3cylinder Zinger, It goes.
The wipers gracefully smear the windows with wiper fluid, which dries after a few minutes.
At night time you can turn the lights on. And beep at bad drivers.
This Honda life gets a 7/10. It's actually fun to drive.
The Kei cars never disappoint.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
my sister in law needs a beater city car for $5K.

I suggested the Honda Fit.

any other recs?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could’ve sworn that was James May at the 4:00 mark. Loved his take on SUV’s though

Loved early 90’s Jeremy Clarkson. I was shocked to hear such high praise towards the Viper from him. One thing I love about that car is the unpredictable nature of it. You never know when it’s going to kill you and there’s a certain kind of exhilaration to that. Similar to the Ferrari F40, which had a similar attribute whenever you winded up those turbos. I’ll take either feeling any day of the week over something like a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, which was so predictable that even Captain Slow himself was able to navigate to 259mph. Reaching top speed in a Viper, which wasn’t even close to that high, was too ludicrous of a endeavor that it was hardly ever attempted. This due in part to its ridiculously loud side mounted exhaust & neck snapping torque.

I prefer not to die

edit: I think there is a difference of "it's there I can feel it kind exhilaration" vs. OMG I'm going to die.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my sister in law needs a beater city car for $5K.

I suggested the Honda Fit.

any other recs?

End thread. Honda Fit rules

Toyota Corolla CE 2004 if you don’t need the extra space but it’s like saying I don’t like extra cookies.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would have said Scion xB, but a 2 second google seems to tell me they're a lot more than $5k for whatever reason...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea but xB just looks like it's a box and you can stick all the crap in it, if I want a beater it better be able to carry as well.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's more "ricer" (the whole Scion is), but if I want a reliable beater with lots of space I see xB being pretty good though it seems to be well over $5k so moot point...

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah not sure about it yet... first one I’ve seen in the wild

View attachment 1479778 View attachment 1479779
The Land Rover dealer is right next to the Porsche dealer here, and I dropped off the 981 for an oil service on Saturday morning. We decided to wait, and so we walked over to a good breakfast place a couple of blocks down. During that walk, we saw three new Defenders. Two of them were on flatbed trucks, which we decided wasn't a very good sign, unless the dealer was trying to keep as many miles off them as possible, perhaps?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads