• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does your hate on Jeep stem from them and other American car brands kicking German ass in WWII, because if so I totally get it.
No, it stems from the last 20 years of Chrysler/Daimler/Fiat/Whoever the F owns them now consistently rated dead last in build quality, reliability and satisfaction of every major brand.
Its probably got a little extra hate from Piob due to its Canadian connections for auto workers.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Personally I hate the new design and could care less if it fails. It’s just another fine example of failed reboots. Like the NSX or the Thunderbird. Even if the new “Supra” is currently doing well sales wise, it’s almost an insult calling it one based on the original. Let Classics live in the past, don’t bring them back only to taint their good name; and yes that even includes you Ferrari (GTO). Occasionally it does work though, and I am excited to see Ford’s success with the Bronco like they have successfully implemented on the Mustang continuously.

This. +1

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it stems from the last 20 years of Chrysler/Daimler/Fiat/Whoever the F owns them now consistently rated dead last in build quality, reliability and satisfaction of every major brand.
Its probably got a little extra hate from Piob due to its Canadian connections for auto workers.
Fiat Chrysler produces the shittiest cars on the market, without question. Building quality issues, terrible reliability, massive panels gaps in everything, including Alfa and Maserati. Nevermind their lower level brands.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was meant as a joke in a lighthearted way (think it went over your head). Although since you insinuated, not according to one of his last messages when I posted a YJ, that’s clearly more then 20 years ago. Also I never praised anything from current Jeep or anything over the last decade plus. Personally I think the TJ was the last great Jeep

EBA5E750-7A55-41C7-8511-32959DD02B03.jpeg

Nobody can deny the fact that Jeeps from the CJ/YJ era hold their value & are continually hunted to this day. On average you will find a 100K + (Miles) model selling for over the old sticker price and the low mileage ones sell for luxury brand prices.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I worked on the line at the Chrysler minivan plant in Windsor, Ontario as a kid. I've nothing against Jeep and Chrysler and merely stated fact, fact that's been in place since I started paying attention in the late 80s. Anything Chrysler is behind depreciates like a motherfucker in general. There will always be something fanbois cause market distortion for though.

I remember thinking a Cordoba was a classy car. Fine Corinthian leather and all.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There will always be something fanbois cause market distortion for though.

I feel the same way about modern luxury brand German cars, namely from an engineering standpoint, and the fanbois who believe they’re as every bit good as they were when that term was coined more then half a century ago (German Engineering)

That’s awesome btw. Old Chrysler Minivans were the ****. I’d take one of these over any minivan from the last two decades in a heartbeat

7349CD1B-4BDB-4778-9A27-0A39813F9608.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You're pretty young to believe everything was better before.

Also, those old minivans were rattletrap pieces of ****. They did invent the segment though and saved the company after their first financial meltdown. Also, nothing more Canadian that an Aries K.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're pretty young to believe everything was better before.

Also, those old minivans were rattletrap pieces of ****. They did invent the segment though and saved the company after their first financial meltdown. Also, nothing more Canadian that an Aries K.

I was born in 84 so I lived in a time before the planned obsolescence era we still reside in today, which extended far past refrigerators and washing machines. We had a 1989 Chevrolet Suburban that was very reliable, it actually saved my life once after getting stung and a daring rush to the hospital after my lungs closed up

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
In case you missed it, I am going to buy a Century. but not before winter. the Legacy will do for now.
Choice made. Wheels too. Now, I wait. . .

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case you missed it, I am going to buy a Century. but not before winter. the Legacy will do for now.
Choice made. Wheels too. Now, I wait. . .

Noice!!! What year Century?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Highly approve of the McIntosh. If it's not Scottish, it's crap!!

The only thing that’s Scottish about it is the name, the company is in NY.

My first Subaru had a McIntosh system. It was fantastic.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was born in 84 so I lived in a time before the planned obsolescence era we still reside in today...

BAWAHAHAHA! GM became the #1 domestic car seller by implementing planned obsolescence before WWII. One of the things that Volkswagen used to get the Beetle going was their marketing against it...back in the 60s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics