• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re cool with possibly writing off the entire car, then don’t get track insurance. If you push yourself or explore your limits at all on the track, you’re going to have some offs. And even if you take it easy, others will be going balls out. And those incidents will probably need insurance.

that said, in my observation, serious crashes are pretty rare (spins are very common but as long as there are runoffs and no aggressive bunching no metal gets bent). So that’s why some people just roll the dice, I guess

Makes sense. I just look at $150 + fees are my expenses for the day.

Enter at your own risk.

If you crash into someone else's car, your character is going to be tested real quick. Not to sound like a douche, but I prefer to avoid track days filled with kids and their Civics, because the reality is the majority of them will have no means to make me whole, should they cause a wreck and damage my car.

This is why I am very selective about the track day organizers I will run with, as well as why I will always run with the advanced group (despite my skill level placing me in the higher end of intermediate). The worst thing you can ever do is run in a beginner group, because the people in those groups are more likely to do stupid **** due to their inexperience/lack of situational awareness.

At the end of the day, there's no prize for first place and the guys I usually go with don't even care to time their laps because once you start chasing lap times, that's when you start to over drive and mistakes can and will happen.

You have to have to start somewhere :). To be honest, it's intimidating doing something like this for the first time (especially at my age). The event I did early this month was a "Gray Day". All participants were 50+ (I just made the cut). It was a blast. Very welcoming to a new guy like me. I was one of a few with little or no experience but I got some great instruction, really enjoyed pushing my car and met a nice bunch of guys.

I never felt pressured to exceed my ability nor did I feel like I was ruining someone else's time. That was my biggest fear going in to this...that and looking stupid. After participating I wish I'd done it sooner.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Have we talked about this yet?

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have we talked about this yet?

So many screens. It’s looks nice on the inside but there’s something about the exterior I don’t like. Some proportions are off, maybe the windows?

Looks a lot like a Lincoln model on the outside

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean no one thought it would have wood paneling or anything like that, but this still isn’t a wagoneer, this is a FCA Escalade.

interior is nice although I bet those chrome accents look cheap in person

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Highly approve of the McIntosh. If it's not Scottish, it's crap!!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
This is still cooler.
jeep-grand-wagoneer.jpg

If they respected the old design, like Toyota did with the Century, the now Wagoneer would be dope AF.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
My only thing is we're probably not gonna see that many people throw down 100k for a Jeep.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Worse than just "Jeep," a Chrysler product. Wait for two years post introduction and they'll be in the used market for 50k.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worse than just "Jeep," a Chrysler product. Wait for two years post introduction and they'll be in the used market for 50k.

Does your hate on Jeep stem from them and other American car brands kicking German ass in WWII, because if so I totally get it. It’s like a rival thing; Rangers/Devils, Yankees/Red Sox, Giants/Cowboys, Ford/Ferrari

Personally I hate the new design and could care less if it fails. It’s just another fine example of failed reboots. Like the NSX or the Thunderbird. Even if the new “Supra” is currently doing well sales wise, it’s almost an insult calling it one based on the original. Let Classics live in the past, don’t bring them back only to taint their good name; and yes that even includes you Ferrari (GTO). Occasionally it does work though, and I am excited to see Ford’s success with the Bronco like they have successfully implemented on the Mustang continuously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads