• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Euro spec versions of the VW lineup has the nice Recaros like the MK6 R or the old Audi S4 had the white Recaro alcantaras ooooof

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Also back to thinking about a BMW 3 series again. If I'm going into semi-retirement I need to cut until it hurts. :(

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They recently changed the Sportster CS and made it look worse. Sometime in the not too distant future I’d like to pick up the old version for the M3. But I’d probably have to convert the rest of my interior to black because i hate that stupid Recaro on a mismatched full street interior look

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also back to thinking about a BMW 3 series again. If I'm going into semi-retirement I need to cut until it hurts. :(

I thought it's a ride height issue for your knee, why not get one of those elevated wagon?

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, if you start to feel that way. Quit in spring when you can, rent something in Spain for 3-6 months and recuperate. Then find some cushy job you’d like for the home stretch. Retiring this way isn’t healthy either.

(not that a 3 series is a bad car)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Personally would be very happy to swap my 540 for M340, pretty sure wife is going to find that ride harsh...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last track day of the year this past Thursday.

Weather was absolutely atrocious. But the Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires performed exceptionally, as did the car in general. Only real issue was the brakes locking up and the car sliding, which caused me to go off the track on one occasion and spin out on another. Oh well.

Fall projects include installing Recaros (which should be here today), as well as ripping out all the carpet (it's a nasty high-pile) and swapping for thinner RS carpet. The former is a simple job; the latter involves a lot of patience (and chemicals). Debating just paying the piper and having a local upholstery shop go the work, but I'm having a hard time justifying $2k in labour just to swap some carpets (and that estimate is on the low side). Throw in a front bumper respray, along with replacing some black trim which is a bit more worn than I'd like and I think we're pretty much done.

This car has yet to fail to impress me. Without a doubt the best car I've ever owned.

View attachment 1467086

View attachment 1467093

Car looks great and so do the photos!!!

As for the cost of having someone deal with removing and installing the carpeting, reminds me of the old joke, "Why are divorces so expensive, because they're worth it!" The same goes for the carpet removal and installation. Let a pro deal with getting it out and installing it properly. Unless you've done it before, you could end up spending a lot of time doing it, only to have it look like amateur workmanship and if you aren't happy with it, then paying a pro to do it right (and you may have to buy more carpet if you can't reuse the ones you tried to install). If you have experience doing it and its easy for you then disregard the paragraph about the carpets.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
560SEC or bust

Love the old MB C126 560SECs. I remember them when they were new. My dad's friend had one for several years in the mid 80s. I got to drive one, a long time ago. I still think it is their best looking big coupe.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads