• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think modern Volvo are pretty good, but if you "step on it", it just tuned to "felt lazy" relative to BMW even on the T8 ones not sure why. Would think Polestar would deal with that problem...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last track day of the year this past Thursday.

Weather was absolutely atrocious. But the Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires performed exceptionally, as did the car in general. Only real issue was the brakes locking up and the car sliding, which caused me to go off the track on one occasion and spin out on another. Oh well.

Fall projects include installing Recaros (which should be here today), as well as ripping out all the carpet (it's a nasty high-pile) and swapping for thinner RS carpet. The former is a simple job; the latter involves a lot of patience (and chemicals). Debating just paying the piper and having a local upholstery shop go the work, but I'm having a hard time justifying $2k in labour just to swap some carpets (and that estimate is on the low side). Throw in a front bumper respray, along with replacing some black trim which is a bit more worn than I'd like and I think we're pretty much done.

This car has yet to fail to impress me. Without a doubt the best car I've ever owned.

View attachment 1467086

View attachment 1467093
So what’s your home track?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last track day of the year this past Thursday.

Weather was absolutely atrocious. But the Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires performed exceptionally, as did the car in general. Only real issue was the brakes locking up and the car sliding, which caused me to go off the track on one occasion and spin out on another. Oh well.

Fall projects include installing Recaros (which should be here today), as well as ripping out all the carpet (it's a nasty high-pile) and swapping for thinner RS carpet. The former is a simple job; the latter involves a lot of patience (and chemicals). Debating just paying the piper and having a local upholstery shop go the work, but I'm having a hard time justifying $2k in labour just to swap some carpets (and that estimate is on the low side). Throw in a front bumper respray, along with replacing some black trim which is a bit more worn than I'd like and I think we're pretty much done.

This car has yet to fail to impress me. Without a doubt the best car I've ever owned.

View attachment 1467086

View attachment 1467093

Looks sharp out there on the track. You've done some great mods along the way. Seats and steering wheel are certainly something you feel every day! Can't wait to see the interior when you are done.

I often catch myself drooling over the Euro spec GTI Clubsport buckets but they are silly expensive to import. They do look nice.

clubsport_int.jpg

Eagerly awaiting the quirks and features of Doug's upcoming video.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you mean exactly by “silly expensive”?. Because those are the ****

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Came too final terms.. Going for this. Wanted a GM truck. Older, Reliable, More Exclusive, Parts are everywhere, Want to mod it? the aftermarket loves these. Already have some plans.

1601349106288.png

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
The Nimble and the Murderous

1601432396480.png

1988%2BViper%2BSketch3.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Late to the isuzu discussion, but my dad had 2 Troopers and he absolutely loved them. Kept the 98 until a year or two ago.

Body on frame, manual ******, not too big but a capable towing machine with maximized interior space. And the rear door opens sideways (with a 20% door that opens the other way).

He'd probably have bought a clean low mileage one in a heartbeat... But you don't see many on the road anymore.

6237631998-isuzu-trooper-4.jpg

1998-isuzu-trooper-suv-4x4-P64459.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My dad had one of their pickup trucks as a work truck in the 90’s. He took my youngest sister out on his rounds one day and the truck came back missing its passenger side window. Both he and my sister refused to say what happened to it, and she still won’t to this day. As best I could find out, she kicked the window out while asleep...but that’s such a BS explanation that there must be more to the story ?

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Some of them have those and some of them have the standard lift ones

1601440690263.png

1601440616050.png

Do the GMCs have the same side opening rear tail gate like the Escalades?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics