• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Do you live in the U.S.?

@Piobaire Congrats on the house being paid off. :thumbs-up:
I'm not one to believe more debt = more wealth. or bouncing money around. What you have is what you have.And what you have is your wealth.

@DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR It's really cool to see you taking an interest in Isuzu.
They are an interesting company who have made some cool cars and 4wd's.
A Vehicross could be a fun project. It would be very different than what most people have. I'd like to see how you modify one.

But me? Isuzu have so many worthy whips. And I'm with @HRoi on this one.
the MU / Amigo is something i'd fux with.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Wait wait wait!!!!

I do not know why this thing is so cheap. Somebody buy this!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Wife has an XC60 and loves it. I'm pretty impressed by it myself.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last track day of the year this past Thursday.

Weather was absolutely atrocious. But the Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires performed exceptionally, as did the car in general. Only real issue was the brakes locking up and the car sliding, which caused me to go off the track on one occasion and spin out on another. Oh well.

Fall projects include installing Recaros (which should be here today), as well as ripping out all the carpet (it's a nasty high-pile) and swapping for thinner RS carpet. The former is a simple job; the latter involves a lot of patience (and chemicals). Debating just paying the piper and having a local upholstery shop go the work, but I'm having a hard time justifying $2k in labour just to swap some carpets (and that estimate is on the low side). Throw in a front bumper respray, along with replacing some black trim which is a bit more worn than I'd like and I think we're pretty much done.

This car has yet to fail to impress me. Without a doubt the best car I've ever owned.

vic.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Last edited:

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Volvo V60? There’s a Polestar one near me that I may test drive. It kinda of ticks the boxes for mostly everything and is pretty cheap.

sooooo you saw DeMuros vid this AM?

Haven't driven the wagons, but the XC60 got a bunch of love a few pages back. I guess a big thing with the V60 Polestar will be the lack of dramatic pantomime compared to some of the competition (or i'm thinking the E63, which probably isn't apples to apples given cost difference).

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sooooo you saw DeMuros vid this AM?

Haven't driven the wagons, but the XC60 got a bunch of love a few pages back. I guess a big thing with the V60 Polestar will be the lack of dramatic pantomime compared to some of the competition (or i'm thinking the E63, which probably isn't apples to apples given cost difference).
Yes. There’s a decent amount of Volvos in my complex and I really like the designs of the new V60, V90 and XC60. Volvo just makes a great car, which I why I’ve had 3. However, I wish they had a little more performance to them. Nothing crazy, just peppy enough to be fun. The Polestars seem to offer it, but at $70k, they’re way too expensive for what it is. I think mid-50s would be the sweet spot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads