• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buc-ees is one of the great wonders of the world. I acted more blasé about viewing the Great Wall of China than I did entering the Buc-ees right outside Austin
You're referring to Bastrop.

Buc-ee's is the best place to *********** on the road. They clean the bathrooms every hour.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Buc-ees is one of the great wonders of the world. I acted more blasé about viewing the Great Wall of China than I did entering the Buc-ees right outside Austin

Love Buc-ees. Always make a point of stopping at one when I either visit my family in Dallas or friends in San Antonio. Truly the greatest gas station chain ever created.

The bathrooms are some of the cleanest you will find anywhere and are nice as you could expect for a pit stop.

I also enjoy the beef jerky, sausage and fudge they make too. Salsa offerings aren’t bad either. Highly recommend the peach salsa.

Plus they pay their employees above market rates for the type of work they do and provide good benefits.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

well, no mainstream has anything in pipeline to take that I assume? Unless there are some Taycan special coming
It's an interesting approach. The car is 8 years old and still looks basically the same. All the iteration has been under the skin. Conventional wisdom is it badly needs a redesign -- how else do your new $140K buyers signal they have the latest, greatest version?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You just don’t see enough adventurine green in the wild. Perfect wheel spec as well.

2AE593D2-797A-45EF-BF0B-0045D000FE58.jpeg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's an interesting approach. The car is 8 years old and still looks basically the same. All the iteration has been under the skin. Conventional wisdom is it badly needs a redesign -- how else do your new $140K buyers signal they have the latest, greatest version?
So basically the same strategy that we were talking about earlier that Nissan has with the Z. Except Tesla is less likely to suck at it. :happy:

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It took a swing and a miss for me to realize you get what you pay for. I tried an aftermarket CF spoiler extension that didn’t quite fit right and only looked good from certain angles. Retailer happily accepted my return for refund. I wasn’t the first to have fit issues.

I bit the bullet and bought this Oettinger piece which is as close to OEM as you can get. In fact I bought it from my local VW dealer. Had it painted and installed yesterday and couldn’t be happier.

2F5B1483-42C7-4439-9746-4BA33E77D3B7.jpeg
4648AC68-DE90-414A-94A6-8C87B555E3D7.jpeg
ACF71011-9932-4315-ACEE-54D4A2210035.jpeg
898DABA6-EB68-4BDB-B646-8A54EB13C953.jpeg

I love how the ridge flows perfectly from body panel to the spoiler. Also impressed with the body shop’s ability to color match. Seems like an art to me.

Original performance package brakes had 60K miles so I upgraded to new drilled, vented rotors, EBC Red Stuff pads and high temp brake fluid. All the other fluids (transmission, coolant and LSD) have been changed as well and I’m registered for HPDE track days on Oct 3 and 19.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads