• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
isn't it pretty cheap upfront investment?

It's pretty affordable for someone in the market for a $50k+ car. The biggest hassle is probably getting the electrician to run the wiring. The chargers themselves are pretty cheap, even the very high powered ones: the gen 3 Tesla charger which can add 42-44 miles per hour of charging is $635.

brokencycle

Reaction score
oh, I don't doubt adapting will take a while, just saying adding to gas station is the wrong way to do it, better add elsewhere.

Better for whom? You have gas stations companies who probably don't want to go out of business, so adding chargers is a way for them to adapt and stay relevant.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean if I'm in the burbs I would definitely install one, like I know if I'm going to the burbs I know my wife is going to ask for some 100% sub zero appliance, this is going to be small change relative to that

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Better for whom? You have gas stations companies who probably don't want to go out of business, so adding chargers is a way for them to adapt and stay relevant.

it's "bad" design, do you really want electric car to clog up that tiny gas station? Gas station layout has to change dramatically even if charge 90% takes only 20 minutes. Like what's the advantage of using existing gas station for charge electric car, it's a different paradigm

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One way I could see gas station become a "good" point is say battery swap, though then you need everyone to eventually agree to some standard I suppose

brokencycle

Reaction score
it's "bad" design, do you really want electric car to clog up that tiny gas station? Gas station layout has to change dramatically even if charge 90% takes only 20 minutes. Like what's the advantage of using existing gas station for charge electric car, it's a different paradigm

It doesn't matter what I want, this isn't really a centrally planned thing, and I am not imagining your small, corner gas station changing. I'm referring to the ones along the highway.

My aunt and uncle took me to a Buc-ee's near their house when I visited that made this one look small.
1600809936075.png

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buc-ees is one of the great wonders of the world. I acted more blasé about viewing the Great Wall of China than I did entering the Buc-ees right outside Austin

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what I want, this isn't really a centrally planned thing, and I am not imagining your small, corner gas station changing. I'm referring to the ones along the highway.

My aunt and uncle took me to a Buc-ee's near their house when I visited that made this one look small.
View attachment 1463428

if you're talking about the ones alone inter state I agree they will change. I was talking more about the smaller ones, not a central planning thing I just can't see people want to go to the small gas station for charging when there are 8 cars parked next to each other and going to be clogged there for the next 20 minutes minimally.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
just going to point out that we've had a few pages of solid discussion without somebody giving up and going "yeah ... but but but ... that electric car isn't as visceral of an experience!"

that's right, jerk off motions have been reserved for actual jerking off discussion.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The want is strong. My bday *IS* coming up... :confused:

My friend and avid M3 collector (I mean he has 11 cars, every single one an M3/4) finally got his E30 after a two year search. He says it’s a bloodbath out there for good examples. He had to import his from Spain. Good luck if you make the attempt!

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BMW also makes M Performance fake dive planes for the new 4 series, which is among the most embarrassing things they've ever done.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 4.04.52 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads