• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not putting à European style front plate on my car or any front plate for that matter.
We have to in NY and they’re pretty obnoxious about it in my area. Mine is a hideaway and the drill holes can’t be found unless you feel around under the lower spoiler. It’s not visible.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Electrics v Hydrogen.
Over here, a lot of effort is being put into Hydrogen as the next fuel for the trucks and buses. As it's a lot more feasible than current battery tec.
It's hard to remember the relationships involved. But i think it's -
"Toyota owns Hino trucks. and is working on the Hydrogen tec. Hitatchi and Toshiba are involved with the battery and electrical tec."
As systems get more refined and compact, they can be offered in more mainstream car models. - test it large first.
There is plenty of room in a truck chassis, And removing the powertrain to start again will allow for a possible weight reduction.

In the case of refrigerated trucks, the electricity generated by the drive train could also power the refrigeration system.
Making it a seamless vehicle for the foods industry. Regular trucks would also benefit, as the add-ons can be not added. easy.

This is their game plan. I think it's a pretty good one. For supplying the Hydrogen?
Just like LPG. Setting up the infrastructure would not be hard. and from what i understand, hydrogen stops are being built along Japan's highways in preparation for the new truck releases. Filling time is much faster than charging a battery.

Nissan is doing more EV's. They just released a new SUV. which looks pretty good.
Yeah but any infrastructure setup in Japan cannot model in the US. That would be like championing a hydrogen network completion in the state of California. Too bad 90% of the rest of the country has zero access.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Well, you get Propane, LPG (same?) and Gasoline by truck. What's the difference?
1 Truck making a stop could power 10?
With a low environmental impact?

Now amplify it by stops. You could reel in the snowball to keep things steady.
Tesla aimed small fish. For name recognition.
yer, space? -late to the party.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Infrastructure, production and distribution. Its not just the network and having truck stops but getting it there and the facilities. Not every truck stop here has LP, let alone another fuel type. I would guess it would be 10-15 years to get hydrogen for trucks if the technology is proven feasible and cost effective.

I’ve looked at Tesla. You know what stops me? There are only 7 superchargers in my state. Not very convenient. But everyone champions the network they have setup. Its been 8 years since they started the network.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
But you see what i'm saying. trucking is a prime development field.

It might seem probing when i ask about how Tesla's are powered.

We are nuclear powered,backed by green energy. I see a clean trucking industry. trickled down to a clean commuter industry.
This isn't "Drunk think". You know me better.

Tesla is blasting dated tec. in haste.
Collecting dated tec. making moves with it. The 90's does a slow clap. . .

brokencycle

Reaction score
I don't think Tesla has a sustainable advantage. To JC's point, there are plenty of areas where the supercharger network is basically non-existent. I've seen gas stations starting to add electric chargers around the area. It will continue to take time, but gas stations and other travel related organizations will want to stay relevant, so they'll adapt and continue to add capacity.

To add, I don't see hydrogen taking off. Maybe this generation doesn't remember the Hindenburg, but it has a network/infrastructure problem that is more challenging than electric.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@jcman311
We are comparing "Gas" Cars to "solar cars".
Regardless of nuke or wind,
It is tricky.

No magic, my guess is hydrogen will win. as a hybrid. with whatever.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have to in NY and they’re pretty obnoxious about it in my area. Mine is a hideaway and the drill holes can’t be found unless you feel around under the lower spoiler. It’s not visible.

What's that look like?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do Texas enforce front plate?
Depends. You won't get pulled over for it but you will get a ticket if you don't have it. It's basically an add on if you get pulled over for something else.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's that look like?
It’s called Sto and Sho

0ADD83DB-86DD-43AF-8ECC-B414D3D534CA.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads