• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm... must have been early on. and misuse. (Noob drivers)

But for real. not heard a peep about them. maybe a good buy.
But if Nissan went back to the old ways, and made the Z the top car? sign me up.
Im pretty sure there was an issue with the launch control on automatics that causes excessive clutch wear and a new clutch was like $24,000+. It pissed a lot of people off.

From my understanding, it was fixed and GTRs are very reliable. Reliable, ugly, and outdated.

They need to revise it and lower the price. Other companies have caught up and you can get cars that are as fast or nearly as fast for much less (C8 corvette, E63, M5, 911)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm going to drive an Outback on Friday.

FIRE, baby!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to drive an Outback on Friday.

FIRE, baby!

Prepare to be somewhat underwhelmed. Since I bought mine they added multiple categories which make the purchasing processing a lot to work through. I will say on the service end, I take mine in every 6K miles and no issues so far at 70K other than basic items.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My assistant went out to buy an outback and came home with a forester premium. It looks better than the outback, although I’ve only had a FaceTime tour of it so far

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They still offer the Turbo?

On the higher end models they offer a 2.4 turbo. They switched out the 3.6 for it.

My assistant went out to buy an outback and came home with a forester premium. It looks better than the outback, although I’ve only had a FaceTime tour of it so far

The newer Forester looks better than when I was shopping around. In certain configurations the Sport model looks pretty good with its red accent lines.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Uggh. Most of us will remember 2020 for COVID. I will remember it for SeatGate.

As some might recall, I had new folding bucket seats installed in my .2GT3 last month (the procurement and re-stitching of which were ordeals unto themselves). Keep in mind, the new seats are European OEM and thus lack various position and occupancy sensors that are part of the U.S. OEM seats.

Well, after installation, the airbag lights in my car were all flashing: driver side airbag fault and “no passenger” light on the passenger side. Theoretically, this is not a problem. There are errors because the car detects open circuits in the airbag system from the missing sensors, which means the airbags will deploy as a matter of default, regardless of what lights are showing. I had this confirmed by Porsche and multiple shops.

I figured we could then code out the lights and “tell” the system to fire the airbags regardless of any sensors missing. This is what folks have been doing up through the 991.1 generation (~2016). However, from the 991.2 generation onward, Porsche has made the code tamper-proof. Even with PIWIS in development mode, you cannot fix this issue through coding. Several of the best independent shops on both east and west coasts confirmed as such, as well as two dealers who heard directly from Porsche on the matter.

Hence, the only way to fix the lights and preserve air bag functionality is to buy all the sensors and hardware necessary to satisfy each of the open circuit faults. Some of the parts you can’t get—I had to salvage them off my previous OEM seats, which I had been hoping to leave unmolested. Others are crazy expensive. In all, I’m out $1,500 for random parts—not counting labor or the vast sums already spend on this project.

Shoot me in the face.

Last edited:

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Switching up the convo to another recent ride
960x0.jpg

maserati-confirms-al-50_800x0w.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't think you can get a turbo in the Forrester though? If not you're severley underpowered. I mean, the 2.4 turbo is bad enough in the Outback.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Meh on the Maserati. Very generic-looking, with some weird, unharmonious details (like the notched vent behind the front wheels). Could be any supercar from any brand.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Much as I disrespect the brand for what it’s failed at during my lifetime, I might check that Maserati out casually. As much mockery as I might get from everyone for actually buying one. It would have to heat out the Turbo S and the Mclarens for my money, though, what are the odds it can do that? It would likely replace the 570s, which I intend to sell after it’s out of warranty.

one of my friends made the point that with this car you’re trusting the Italians to build a small V6 with the highest ever hp/liter. The thing will be stressed within an inch of its life right out of the box.

when you put it that way, it doesn’t sound so great

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it weren't for the front snout design element they seem focused on these days, I think its a pretty good looking car. That being said, I've never had an interest in owning a modern Maserati. A buddy of mine has a '08 QP GTS that he bought new (in addition to an F430, and he has had several Porsches). He loves driving his Maser, but man it is a maintenance pig. He said every time it goes in for service he gets a bill of $6K-8K. So, like a lot of high end brands, it doesn't sound like they make cars one wants to own after they are off warranty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads