• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not embarrassed to admit that two of my neighbors assumed that a new GTI in the driveway meant my 17 year old son got a new car ???.

26B994A5-E64F-45E4-BB2F-8FA6EB8B2A02.jpeg
88077ED9-B75F-4F16-BBEA-556080768CD1.jpeg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Car shopping is fun! I think I found my next weekend vehicle.

For me the GT3 Touring is THE car. Perhaps I could convince my kids to consider living at home and attending a fine local, community college.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Never stop car shopping. kop from time to time.

I WILL be kopping at least one car before the end of the year. but i want to keep it a surprise. and in true TV fashion, it's ridiculous.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Car shopping is fun! I think I found my next weekend vehicle.

For me the GT3 Touring is THE car. Perhaps I could convince my kids to consider living at home and attending a fine local, community college.
Got my eye on them too. Those, 675LT and 600LT are on the short list. Checked out the Huracan and i think I’m out on the non-Performante models. The only Ferrari i like is the 458 and I’m afraid it’s too dated (sounds yummier than any of others though - yes, over the GT3 and Huracan)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Americans all vocally love wagons but never buy them. I personally might not get one despite my earlier enthusiasm because my wife steadfastly refuses to part with her Macan

My hope to sell my fiance on a golf Alltrack is quickly fading (although it is debatable if you can even call the alltrack a wagon or if you just lump it into "crossover").

I pointed some out on the street and she says it is ugly (and same for the golf sportwagen)
1597420930310.png

Yet she's somehow sold on the Subaru outback (or XV Crosstrek)
1597420983697.png

Honestly, I would have thought she couldn't even tell the difference. Outback looks slightly taller, but I think that's mostly driven by ride height and hoodline rather than a taller body.

Whats even more confusing, is that what she really likes are the old outbacks from back when they really were much more wagony (weren't they originally just the wagon body version of the legacy?)
1597421143721.png

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Subaru is hot.
VW is not.

Wife rolls a 2000 forester turbo. loves the thing.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
It'll happen. but there is another car purchase in the way.

Pecking order of life. .

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Subaru is hot.
VW is not.

Wife rolls a 2000 forester turbo. loves the thing.

Blasphemy!!

Installed a new heavy weight shift knob this afternoon. Feels great.

sportshifters.com

Guy is in the Netherlands. He offers a handful of shapes and weights and allows for a ton of customization. CF, aluminum, Alcantara, leather in a variety of colors.

@otc still waiting for my badge skins airbag light cover ?. Shift knob got here quicker

0687C148-F8F6-4E63-8310-5A433CBAFC3B.jpeg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no, for old GB cars what you guys want is the Mk1 Sprite. How can you resist this face?

09B04B61-76D4-4C5D-994D-F9ABDFA70269.jpeg

I took the Mac to a British car show last year and they had rows of these guys lining the main entry road. Adorable and excessively cheerful.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blasphemy!!

Installed a new heavy weight shift knob this afternoon. Feels great.

sportshifters.com

Guy is in the Netherlands. He offers a handful of shapes and weights and allows for a ton of customization. CF, aluminum, Alcantara, leather in a variety of colors.

@otc still waiting for my badge skins airbag light cover ?. Shift knob got here quicker

View attachment 1441089
Looks pretty good in the perforated leather. Smart move not getting alcantara for a part that will get saturated in hand oil.

Did you end up punching yourself in the face while installing it? :laugh: I had to replace a torn shift boot last weekend and absolutely did...it’s just so hard to avoid because of the force and direction you need to pull

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good in the perforated leather. Smart move not getting alcantara for a part that will get saturated in hand oil.

Did you end up punching yourself in the face while installing it? :laugh: I had to replace a torn shift boot last weekend and absolutely did...it’s just so hard to avoid because of the force and direction you need to pull

?

Absolutely yanked it off the base and it hit me in the throat. Worst part was removing the old knob from the OEM boot. Plastic clips that require the patience of a saint to remove without damage. The old clamps did not make it unscathed but I didn’t need them for the new knob.

I initially ordered Alcantara but changed it before it went into production as I remembered the posts here about steering wheels and shifters. You guys saved me. I like the perf leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads