• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea, but to me it's almost like, hum let me build the latest greatest road legal NA ICE, or not...

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
After my last car was totaled in a hit and run accident in Philly last fall, I went a few months with no car at all. It was actually liberating. I finally gave in and bought a Volvo XC60. In a thousand years I never thought a Volvo would appeal to me, but there it was. Six months in, I am pleased with it. I had my decade with some swell cars, but it's time to finally admit a car like this actually works for me.

Look out for gomestar and gnatty. Showing up with tattoos (wow so badass) and their Volvos, and oh **** whaaaat did gome really just change lanes without a signal oh **** he messing with the lane departure warning system like he's the boss man ...

brokencycle

Reaction score
if you're willing to buy, dealers are willing to order and sell.
Look out for gomestar and gnatty. Showing up with tattoos (wow so badass) and their Volvos, and oh **** whaaaat did gome really just change lanes without a signal oh **** he messing with the lane departure warning system like he's the boss man ...

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
le sigh.

although in the 3rd row there's a cup holder, and next to said cup holder is a small covered storage unit. Could easily hide a half in each side. For the non-kids to find.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
After my last car was totaled in a hit and run accident in Philly last fall, I went a few months with no car at all. It was actually liberating. I finally gave in and bought a Volvo XC60. In a thousand years I never thought a Volvo would appeal to me, but there it was. Six months in, I am pleased with it. I had my decade with some swell cars, but it's time to finally admit a car like this actually works for me.

Mrs. Piob has had one for a year now and loves it. I've driven it and it's a fun vehicle, handles well, great tech. XC90 is on my list for this fall of possibles. I think her ride looks pretty damn good too.

33F3883F-881D-461F-AA32-11499DD7C303.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why do you need XC90, I thought you want a smaller vehicle?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
why do you need XC90, I thought you want a smaller vehicle?

If I went into an XC90 it would be considerably smaller than the Douchemobile. The GLS is a full sized SUV and the Volvo is mid-sized.

Reactions: RSS

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I went into an XC90 it would be considerably smaller than the Douchemobile. The GLS is a full sized SUV and the Volvo is mid-sized.

well I guess why not XC60 or even XC40, or even v60 cross country (if you want elevated sitting position)

edit: I mean no kids, so just need enough space for a dog and sometimes haul random stuff (which without kids means you can fold backseat down anyway)

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leasehackr forum has some fantastic Volvo deals on the forum recently. It's an impressive car and the lease terms being offered are unbeatable.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Mrs. Piob has had one for a year now and loves it. I've driven it and it's a fun vehicle, handles well, great tech. XC90 is on my list for this fall of possibles. I think her ride looks pretty damn good too.
yeah that's dope. We wanted the 60 but so did everybody else so the prices stayed high while we could get a great price on the 90. No kids, but a big dog and 4-5x a year there's 6-hour trips upstate that is 3 adults, 2 dogs, and an f-load of female luggage (for me), so then the space is nice. Otherwise, yes, it's mostly unnecessary for us. Beach trips have been really nice. The camera system is probably useless in most cities, but it's been a total savior for parallel parking. Adaptive cruise useless in the tri state since even 1 car of safety distance means "this area is open for another traveling vehicle". Lane maintenance or whatever it is works well for us, it makes the vehicle like half autonomous.

GLE was also given a look, and it's a great vehicle. But the Volvo made sense.
And it's what the wife wanted. Easy decision.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see the appeal of manual, but I would think for ICE to go out, should go out with a bang too, maybe have a Dual Clutch version as well, so at least ICE can have a bit last laugh on 0 to 60 and quarter mile bragging right until it can't compete with electrical ever again...

I think Gordon Murray got it exactly right. The appeal of ICE is not specs, but the feel of it, which is all going to go away when we switch to electric vehicles. If this is ICE's last hurrah, Murray picked the best ICE config with the best controls for it. Don't forget that for both the McLaren F1 and this car, Murray did not spec 0-60, top speed, etc. It was all about driver involvement and feel: the specs he did care about all affect that, like weight, torsional rigidity, power to weight ratio, driver placement and view, etc. Even the intake snorkel placement and sizing is designed for driver enjoyment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads