• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

didn't know Nissan is looking to finally upgrade

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice write-up on the new Bronco:

Can’t remember a time in recent history I was as excited by the release of new (relatively) affordable car.

What a looker! Everything Land Rover failed to do with the new Defender.
The Bronco does look pretty amazing. I can appreciate it even though I’m the last person that would use it as Ford intended. I like the design, the attention to detail, and the careful consideration of how a specific target audience would use the vehicle.

I think it’s a good sign that the American car industry is producing competitive, well thought-out vehicles meant at beating everyone at a specific purpose. Like the Shelbies, the Corvette, the F150 and now this Bronco. After a very very long period of half-assing almost everything they brought to market and relying on brand loyalty to sell their crap.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

didn't know Nissan is looking to finally upgrade

Based on what Nissan offers currently, it will come out with old tech and they will keep it around without ever updating it.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nissan created the GTR and hasn’t done anything to improve it really. It’s pretty sad that it went from an affordable supercar to “oh they still make that?”

I really like the Bronco for unexplainable reasons. Just seems fun. The ecoboost motors (4 and 6 cylinder) and A10 are both really good.

It’s also pretty affordable. I hope they make a fast version for cruising eventually. Throw the 5.0 in there.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Bronco does look pretty amazing. I can appreciate it even though I’m the last person that would use it as Ford intended. I like the design, the attention to detail, and the careful consideration of how a specific target audience would use the vehicle.

I think it’s a good sign that the American car industry is producing competitive, well thought-out vehicles meant at beating everyone at a specific purpose. Like the Shelbies, the Corvette, the F150 and now this Bronco. After a very very long period of half-assing almost everything they brought to market and relying on brand loyalty to sell their crap.

Seems like it is everything the wrangler *should* be...rather than a piece of junk with dated technology and poor quality control.

Of course, like the wrangler, they'll probably sell hundreds of thousands of them to people who have zero need for any of its fancy offroad features (actually they'll probably sell more, because it looks way cooler).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, if I'm in the burbs I'll get one, in 2 years my car would lost more value than the base price of this anyway :p

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Potholes are driving me nuts around the city. It's like driving in a rally stage; time for SUV? :(

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, had always thought that a Jeep Grand Cherokee was the most "on brand" vehicle for my wife and I, and assumed when/if we move to the burbs we would get one.

Given how long in the tooth the JGC is, and how much uncertainty there is with FCA generally, and the upcoming redesign of the JGC on the Stelvio platform, that is likely no longer an inevitability.

I had been telling my wife over the last few weeks how all of the leaks were making the Bronco look pretty good and that it might be the new on-brand vehicle for us and she’s pretty much on board. Would be a fun Tahoe car, if not the best for the drive up there, and the kids would love it. Bonus points for authenticity since my wife learned to drive on a manual Bronco.

I joke about whether a car is “on brand” but it does represent a small factor for us. It’s a bit hard to describe, but within the context of my life and who I’ve lived around and known, I feel like a car like the Bronco or JGC or Tahoe/Suburban makes more sense for us than a Range Rover or German SUV. No offense to people that drive the latter, many of them are perfectly fine, but they seem a bit too precious for what I want out of an SUV. I can say, with relatively little qualifications, that I wouldn’t want to be associated with G class drivers tho.

Anyway, tl; dr the Bronco is a great new addition to the domestic SUV universe and I will definitely keep it in mind. There are a lot of damn trims which makes it tough to figure out how to equip, but that will also makes for more variety in the metal.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you're in the SUV crowd "for real", I'm not sure you would look at Bronco, isn't it a bit "too hardcore", I mean people want that image, but then it has to be fake hardcore. For example you could bought Jeep if you want that image but it would ride like s*it.

I can see lots of young people pick it up though, given how cheap it is. In reality if I'm in the burb and I want "utility", then I would say a truck is better than SUV... (put junk on the bed and forget, better yet get steel bumper...)

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they put the Raptor or Focus RS engines ecoboost in to Bronco that’d be pretty pretty good, because there’s an aftermarket for both. You don’t need 500hp, but some pep would be nice for a cruiser version.

There’s too many trims IMO, just like Jeep. The prices range from $29-65k as well, which means the fit and finish will suffer somewhat like the Ecoboost Mustang and GT350/500 run into.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's definitely going to be a Bronco Raptor. Jeep is testing Hellcat Wranglers right now so they're prepping.

The 4 banger on the Bronco is the same as the Ranger, which I think came from the Focus ST or maybe the RS....

The Golf Alltrack is mighty nice and lots of incentive to get them off the shelves.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If they put the Raptor or Focus RS engines ecoboost in to Bronco that’d be pretty pretty good, because there’s an aftermarket for both. You don’t need 500hp, but some pep would be nice for a cruiser version.

There’s too many trims IMO, just like Jeep. The prices range from $29-65k as well, which means the fit and finish will suffer somewhat like the Ecoboost Mustang and GT350/500 run into.

a ridiculous hp Bronco kind defeat the purpose though, no better for off road, and on road is still probably not as good as "performance SUV" whatever that means

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads