• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet (at the intersection of terrible handling and hideous) has got to be one of the weirdest cars ever made.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Many years ago a Yugo was driving over the Mackinac Bridge and the wind literally picked it up and the car and driver plunged several hundred feet into the straights below. True story.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, white car with black wheels and trim/pipes, too tryhard?

View attachment 1418862
That looks eerily similar to my car. (photo is not my actual car and not my wheel choice either)
1594436747287.png

AlexWilliams

Reaction score
My baby is a 2018 E-Class Cabriolet. I got it less than a year ago and it's still my favorite. I didn't think I would like it as much because I'm used to bigger cars, but surprisingly, I love it. I got comprehensive and collision car insurance from Money Expert because you never know what tomorrow brings, so I don't want to be left with anything in case something happens. You know, when you have a new car sometimes you want to hit the road and see what it can do. Well, I have a passion for drifting and speed, so I better be prepared.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you guys would appreciate the purity of this one.

Brings back memories. When I was in 8th grade one of our teachers got a new 1st gen MR2 in red. It was really cool to see a mid engine car up close in person. Porsche didn't make mid engine cars back then, and production was far lower for Ferrari, Lotus, and Lamborghini, so if you saw 2 or 3 of those in an entire year it was a big deal. All the kids at school were mesmerized by the new MR2 on campus.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My memory of Mk1 MR2’s is that our rich neighbor down the street had daddy buy him one (also red). One day mom and I left my brother in our car idling in the driveway while we grabbed a couple of things inside.

my stupid ******* brother decided to play with the parking brake and disengaged it just as Richie rich decided to use our (sloped) driveway to turn around. Our car rolled back and Boom!

the interesting thing here is that we could not really decide who was at fault here because both cars were rolling...on one hand, my brother was a moron. On the other hand, the whole thing happened in our driveway on our property.

the adults settled it without involving cops or insurance. I think we were probably at fault, though.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting story. Yes, I think if insurance companies had gotten involved your family would have been at fault (the fact that it happened on your property is irrelevant, also in many cities the city owns the first 10 +/- feet of your property). Your brother's act caused the accident. In addition, some states have laws about leaving cars idling. Other states have laws about leaving kids unattended in cars (but I think that is mainly based on parents forgetting that a kid is in the backseat, living in a hot climate and the child dying due to the heat). Anyway, thankfully no one got hurt.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My memory of Mk1 MR2’s is that our rich neighbor down the street had daddy buy him one (also red). One day mom and I left my brother in our car idling in the driveway while we grabbed a couple of things inside.

my stupid ******* brother decided to play with the parking brake and disengaged it just as Richie rich decided to use our (sloped) driveway to turn around. Our car rolled back and Boom!

the interesting thing here is that we could not really decide who was at fault here because both cars were rolling...on one hand, my brother was a moron. On the other hand, the whole thing happened in our driveway on our property.

the adults settled it without involving cops or insurance. I think we were probably at fault, though.

once when we were headed to little league me and bro were in the car and shooting bad guys with the thumb button on the parking brake of my old man's mazda 626. dad comes over and 'well what have we here?' and then refuses to drive to practice until we completely disengage the parking brake. i'm crying at this point lol.

but i'm also in the front seat so i'm it. he stays on me until i drop the brake and the car starts gently rolling back. he goes 'ok smart guy what now?' so i yank the brake and the car stops. then it's off to practice.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a double post but more of an updated observation. This guy has an empty driveway but instead insists on parking his wide body Merc on a one way steet in a town with uber lax alcohol laws. You could walk down the crowded streets with a glass of bourbon in one hand and a cigar in the other...I would know.

It’s amazing there’s no damage yet, people drive like nuts here. I have to be extra vigilant on my board.

322B504F-30A2-4A9A-84E5-899AE6A348E6.jpeg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brings back memories. When I was in 8th grade one of our teachers got a new 1st gen MR2 in red. It was really cool to see a mid engine car up close in person. Porsche didn't make mid engine cars back then, and production was far lower for Ferrari, Lotus, and Lamborghini, so if you saw 2 or 3 of those in an entire year it was a big deal. All the kids at school were mesmerized by the new MR2 on campus.

I remember lengthy debates with high school buddies in that era about the merits of mid-engines cars.

I was a Porsche fan, my friend a Ferrari fan and I couldn’t give him/Ferrari any credit (18 yr old know-it-all). He ended up driving an MR2, me a GTI and our buddy an RX7. We all went to an auto-x to settle the debate and the MR2 was always fastest. More to do with the driver than the car but it was impressive.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I remember lengthy debates with high school buddies in that era about the merits of mid-engines cars.

I was a Porsche fan, my friend a Ferrari fan and I couldn’t give him/Ferrari any credit (18 yr old know-it-all). He ended up driving an MR2, me a GTI and our buddy an RX7. We all went to an auto-x to settle the debate and the MR2 was always fastest. More to do with the driver than the car but it was impressive.
That probably is the situation best suited to the car. i've always sort of thought of them as a maybe car. but they are a cool unit for sure.

I know many guys here are beyond the price bracket, but would you own an MR2?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads