• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a good one. I also like the Blaupunkt reference in "The Town".

“Hey Fergie, remember who clipped your nuts for you”

Great movie

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember Blaupunkts from the Porsches my Dad had in the 80s. The SQR23 Monterey they used in the mid 80's was ok, but not great. The real insult came in 1987 when my Dad bought a new 930 Turbo. The base price of the car had gone up over $10,000 from 1986 to 87, because of the exchange rate and Porsche put in a cheaper, worse model called the Reno. It looked cheap and was terrible. I tend to be big on OEM for interior items, but it is one time I would definitely urge people to go aftermarket. I still cringe when I see that piece of junk in vintage 911s at car shows.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh, I don’t like this turn of conversation. I probably have less than 5000 miles so far this year, amongst all seven cars. Meanwhile, maintenance and storage expenses are not down :facepalm:

Although at least gas and insurance is less

half glass full wallet half empty

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys back then wanted their head units to be Blaupunkt only because of the prestige of them being Porsche OEM. I couldn’t afford that **** (and they didn’t look good in other cars) so I was an alpine/clarion man. MB Quart highs and mids, and Focal subs. McIntosh amps.

some guys liked Kicker and Rockford Fosgate but i found their product quality to be hit-and-miss. Mostly miss when it came to RF. Lexus tried make Nakamichi happen, but they were too expensive to become mainstream in my circles.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don’t remind me about the tires, that was another $1400 two weeks ago :fu:

How much did it cost you? I was expecting more like $1600 for the service. It’s for the GT4 so relatively similar to your schedule.

these are the best guys around in my experience so they’re the only ones that touch my Porsches. But sometimes the cost is a little shocking

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sun was shining on my 4th of July Longboard ride today. Saw a brand new Aston Martin Vantage with the dealer tags still on it. I smoked him at the light, courtesy of instant torque, he caught up finally and gave me a thumbs up, I did the same.

Real SUV vs Pseudo SUV (bad lighting I know)

FBD7D8E1-335A-496A-972D-0D13768093E8.jpeg

Versus even realer SUV

32573286-4CC6-4888-A21A-4EFDF22F5FB9.jpeg

That Land Rover Defender 110 is absolutely gorgeous. It’s a stiff competition as to what I like (or want) more between the Toyota FJ40

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that I’m in the market to buy a Ferrari but last night I was perusing CarGurus, as I like their value pricing tool. However when it comes to choosing your transmission, they suck ass....and you thought I was just about to give them a plug :lol: . Of course I chose Manual as an option, because no other transmission exists to me, and 303 listings appeared (out of 1444). Thing is F1 started showing up in the search, in fact that’s pretty much all I saw. There’s several F40’s listed, which was hella cool to see, each one without a price listed, so you know it’s north of a Million Dollars

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Was just watching the grand tour. where they complain that we all want the look of a classic car. but we want it to work like a modern car.

James May hates his 308. all agree on vintage cars.
They then go onto rebuilt classics made modern

Gotta do the MG.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just watching the grand tour. where they complain that we all want the look of a classic car. but we want it to work like a modern car.

James May hates his 308. all agree on vintage cars.
They then go onto rebuilt classics made modern

Gotta do the MG.

A much younger James May (which says something) also hated his experience in one of his dream cars; The Lamborghini Countach

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads