• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The issue with Volvo, at least for my friends that have purchased and leased them was lousy customer service. One guy who leased had several issues with his, got out of his lease early after 2 years and went back to German SUVs. He currently has all German vehicles again, an MB SUV for him, a BMW SUV for the wife, and they have a base 991.2 for weekends. Another friend purchased his Volvo SUV (I can't remember which model) at the same dealership where on the other side of the property they have an MB dealership. He said even though the same company owns the MB and the Volvo dealership, the customer service is simply not as good as that of MB. When his wife's MB SUV was coming off warranty about a year ago, they bought another MB. Then the Volvo was just coming off warranty this year and he traded it in for an MB SUV just a few weeks ago.

I now a lot of my colleagues have XC90 though, it's like X5 price with 7 seats and good interior and tech

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But It’s not a real exhaust, if it’s all one piece then it is a real exhaust, that is bolted on to the muffler. All things considered, it’s no different than my civic SI. I had a muffler tip attached to it with a bolt, the bolt sheared off after 12 years and the tip fell off. Exhaust sounds exactly the same.

Before:

View attachment 1416852

After (no difference in tone, just aesthetics)

View attachment 1416853

yea and I'm saying that doesn't bother me, and when I say real I mean the hole is functional...for me, as far as aesthetics goes I would prefer if Honda bent it down and make it disappear completely, just look at the bumper would be cleaner

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There’s weirder ones where the exhaust goes downward and the hole doesn’t serve any purpose whatsoever.

like this View attachment 1416851

idgaf, but some people just like to complain about every modernization or change to cars.

now this is what i would call why bother, I would just hide it with bumper completely

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
idgaf, but some people just like to complain about every modernization or change to cars.

There are good modernization's and just bad ones that need to be called out. Bad ones like Ferrari eliminating the manual E-Brake and going with an electronic version. This way when the car dies you need to jump it just to be able to disengage it to push it out the building. Not a problem unless your engine is billowing smoke and you need to push it out of the storage facility with firefighters yelling at you to turn off the engine. In case you're wondering why I'm being so specific, that actually happened to me with the new 458's, due to an oil defect upon arrival from the ports.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even Ferrari is included in this list. Always disliked the California's exhaust fakery.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s weirder ones where the exhaust goes downward and the hole doesn’t serve any purpose whatsoever.

like this View attachment 1416851

wait wtf

Volvo: Their interior can't be beat but I'm gonna wait it out to see how those giant screens hold up before going for an XC90 or something

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, the guy sits next to me liked it enough to buy it at the end of lease, so his XC90 is on 4th year, no issue so far apparently...

brokencycle

Reaction score
I keep looking at the V90, but then I remember I'm never actually going to buy a car. I am on pace to have less than 5000 miles on my car this year.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I keep looking at the V90, but then I remember I'm never actually going to buy a car. I am on pace to have less than 5000 miles on my car this year.

I had ~3000 miles for my first year :p

edit: to be accurate, actually less 3000 miles for my first year..., right now I'm at 3,084 miles and I'm at 1.5 year (though the last 3 month is not really "representative")

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ugh, I don’t like this turn of conversation. I probably have less than 5000 miles so far this year, amongst all seven cars. Meanwhile, maintenance and storage expenses are not down :facepalm:

Although at least gas and insurance is less

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Volvo: Their interior can't be beat but I'm gonna wait it out to see how those giant screens hold up before going for an XC90 or something

yeah, i get this. The only advantage I can think of is that the screens are pretty basic, audi and mb screen are way more advanced than volvo in the newest models (not including the intro models) and the screens can do everything it seems ... but I do wonder when these cars are 5+ years old how it'll all hold up. In any of these if I think you'll be left with an eye opening bill if just the rear view mirrors are dinged by another car.

i'm digging the XC90 more and more as I drive it. I just need **** to work even though I don't have kids. Can it scale off road like a Range Rover? Nah, though it's plenty capable of what I'll need. On the flip side, can it make it to the grocery store without breaking down a la Range Rover? Yeah. I like the grocery store reference because my uncle drove his <100 miles RR to get groceries and it broke down and the dealer was just like ... nah man, just take a new one, here's new keys (this was in Rochester, NY). Another uncle also had his SV or ST or whatever the fancy line for Ford is ... that also broke down this spring while on the highway.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the grocery store reference because my uncle drove his <100 miles RR to get groceries and it broke down and the dealer was just like ... nah man, just take a new one, here's new keys (this was in Rochester, NY)
That’s somewhat shocking because RR’s depreciate by many thousands once they’re driven off the lot. So the dealer thought that eating that loss was preferable to trying to fix the thing...?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are touching screen that fragile, I mean a decade yes, but 5 years is probably fine, I still see some iphone 5 kicking around, that got to be more than 5 years ago...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads