• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is one Karma that I see driving around here every once in a while. I always disliked the front end but the rest of the car is really good looking, IMHO. I always wonder what the owner is going to do when the car breaks down or needs service.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I love spending other people’s money....ever seen a super-clean, perfectly dropped 964 on BBS LM’s?? :stirpot:

I have. But it's way too hard to argue against this:

WhatsApp-Image-2020-05-21-at-12.23.20-1200x900.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last time I saw Fisker Karma was several years ago in Carmel, CA during the week leading up to the Pebble Beach Concourse. The most memorable part was that the owner was leaving a restaurant parking lot with a steep driveway, and instead of trying to go down at an angle he went straight down the ramp and their was a horrible scraping sound that seemed to last for a surprisingly long duration...maybe highlighting how low and long the car seemed.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My sister in law lives like 5 blocks away from Fisker HQ out in Irvine, and even she barely sees their cars on the road

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After Fisker went bankrupt, Bob Lutz bought their remains and reengined the Karmas with Corvette ZR1 engines. The original Karma was a hybrid and supposed to be green and performey.

it has went full petrol? Also I thought the old Karma was an interesting hybrid, i.e. the petrol engine was purely generator to power the electric rather than switch between electric and petrol engine

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it has went full petrol? Also I thought the old Karma was an interesting hybrid, i.e. the petrol engine was purely generator to power the electric rather than switch between electric and petrol engine

Lutz thought the Corvette engine would serve it better because the original drivetrain was pretty terrible and unreliable. I don't think they made a lot of the Destino. Fisker is a great designer, but not much of an operations or business guy.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fisker is a great designer, but not much of an operations or business guy.

Is he though? Sure, there is a lot of beautiful work accredited to him from prior to starting his own company. The Z8 and Vantage come to mind as standouts. But the cars under the Fisker branding? We have to assume they represent his unfettered vision. And they’re awful.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
though to his credit (assuming that was his) I thought use gas as generator could have been an interest idea if they went a lot bolder, i.e. you can make a special generator that's very optimized to run at just one rpm range and actually stick to that for charging vs. petrol engine constantly up and down etc.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one stopped me dead in my tracks on the Longboard today. I don’t see too many of these rolling around.

10B09339-936F-463D-B63D-18FCD6FA9FEA.jpeg

Also saw this rare bird...or horse in this case

7A18906E-A6B9-43C8-8697-35F5B95C03BD.jpeg

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is he though? Sure, there is a lot of beautiful work accredited to him from prior to starting his own company. The Z8 and Vantage come to mind as standouts. But the cars under the Fisker branding? We have to assume they represent his unfettered vision. And they’re awful.

The Vantage and Z8 are so good, I'm going to give him a pass on the Karma: building up design karma to forgive the Karma.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads