• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doesn’t need much. Modernize the suspension and put on the OEM+ bits that you fancy, as you said. Can’t really go nuts upping the power because that’s not the point of the car. You could go crazy cutting weight and period-correct restomodding the interior, I suppose....

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was being a bit facetious about my comment re: guards red. Definitely an iconic colour, and I much prefer it on aircooled cars. More importantly, the car has black leather and sport seats whereas tan would've been a deal-breaker.

Car cost me around $38k. After transport, taxes, wheels/tires, and a couple of other small things, I'll be into it for about $43k. Definitely a well-bought car, something that doesn't seem to exist in the aircooled world. To put things in perspective, the C2 I posted the other week (with 3-piece Speedline wheels) sold in less than a week for about $65k.

My only real issue right now is the car is bone stock, and I almost feel guilty modifying it.

So beautiful. Do you have more pics? Curious how the interior looks.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the Philadelphia elites and socialites have moved back into town (Margate) and brought their sweet rides with them. So far the official car of the season is a cross between a Porsche 911 Targa or a Cayenne. It’s getting to the point I don’t even notice them anymore. Nothing against either car, but my god there’s a lack of originality here.

Of course there is others that have stood out more, enough for me to step off my Electric Longboard and snap a photo.

Ferrari F12 with some bad curb rash. Could use some Scuderia Shields for contrast

727168BA-1C41-40B8-9403-4D0A7C5C3FA8.jpeg

Porsche 911 Turbo S (awesome color)

5F2ED452-911B-44B1-A544-32175B471AED.jpeg

This one speaks for itself:

E59C8270-E222-4D94-909C-7B7E8BEEB488.jpeg

However to me, neither is more beautiful than this. I find myself circling back two or three times just to get another hit of her. As soon as I get confirmation that my job is safe, I am putting an order in.

6461B8DC-A621-4876-A5ED-3DB73FE4157A.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is 964 the tail happy era or it's just all a rumor on the earlier porsche more likely to kill you...

At least in the 80's they said you hadn't owned a 911 until you had the back end come around and spin the car. My dad did it once during his first year of ownership in his 86 Carrera 3.2. 964s were the first cars where they started to work on taming that tail happiness, and not merely increase the width of the tires...but they like most 911s of the past are still quite tail happy. Today a lot of people appreciate they tail happiness of the less tamed cars and mastering the saying "Don't lift"...meaning once you are in a corner at a certain speed,commit to it. Even if you think you are in over your head do not lift off the gas...that's when all hell breaks loose, you lose traction at the back and the tail end comes around.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought lift over steer is more common from that era in general, never experienced that luckily...

only spin I had was in a FWD rental in a Mazda 6 during the end of a snow storm in upstate (why was I driving, think was catching a flight?), I either hit a patch of ice or something spin into someone’s drive way, blowed a tire...

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Had a couple of cars turn 'round on me. I think the last one was "The Barge"
-that rat rodded, slammed VIP style Celsior.

I was making a right turn, and smashed the gas pedal. Once the wheels broke loose, it lit smoke did a big slow slide and oversteered in on itself spinning around. And driving out of it.

Damn that car was a riot.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So beautiful. Do you have more pics? Curious how the interior looks.

Identical to this (excluding the floor mats, obviously):

__large__94turbosblackblack3k3a.jpg

Seems like the ability to customize is nearly endless, but for now the only immediate plans are a new head unit (Continental/VDO makes a very nice period-correct looking HU with bluetooth and USB inputs), new floor mats, a Tequipment steering wheel from the 968, and freshening up anything which is overly worn.

But believe me when I say the thought of stripping the interior and installing Recaro Pole Position seats hasn't crossed my mind about a dozen times.

2019-Porsche-964-Worthersee-by-Paddy-McGrath-19.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

oh yea saw that couple days ago, I reserve my judgement in person, the side profile looks decent, front..., though this picture definitely has been distorted a bit (more elongated). BMW's center divide just doesn't suit the big grill as well as say Audi does...

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Identical to this (excluding the floor mats, obviously):

__large__94turbosblackblack3k3a.jpg

Seems like the ability to customize is nearly endless, but for now the only immediate plans are a new head unit (Continental/VDO makes a very nice period-correct looking HU with bluetooth and USB inputs), new floor mats, a Tequipment steering wheel from the 968, and freshening up anything which is overly worn.

Interior on that is nearly identical to that of 86 to 89 3.2 Carrera (which was similar to earlier 911s). Same seats, door panels, door pulls, map pockts, dashboard (except for newer back lit gauges and 944 style climate control). Different steering wheel and placement of glove box due to airbags. Main difference is a more integrated the center console area, shifter, and hand brake.

Remember to save all the OEM stuff if you change things.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least in the 80's they said you hadn't owned a 911 until you had the back end come around and spin the car. My dad did it once during his first year of ownership in his 86 Carrera 3.2. 964s were the first cars where they started to work on taming that tail happiness, and not merely increase the width of the tires...but they like most 911s of the past are still quite tail happy. Today a lot of people appreciate they tail happiness of the less tamed cars and mastering the saying "Don't lift"...meaning once you are in a corner at a certain speed,commit to it. Even if you think you are in over your head do not lift off the gas...that's when all hell breaks loose, you lose traction at the back and the tail end comes around.
I’ve spun the 997 GT3 in that manner. The thing is, the 911 is hardly the only car that you can spin with lift-off oversteer. It’s just that the rear weight bias makes the snap effect more violent, the same way it’s scarier to control the momentum of a 25 lb kettlebell than a 10 lb one. That plus the less-developed traction control technology of those times made the earlier 911’s earn the ‘widowmaker’ rep.

Which to me is kind of a myth...the 911 isn’t worse-handling for most drivers, it’s just less forgiving of your mistakes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads