• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No actually I’m just realizing that this whole time thrift Vader hasn’t been the real Ferrari hater here.

Way to miss my point that Ferrari wins races that is based on road cars though

Again—READ damn it. Did I say Ferrari’s GT-class cars never win???

I have said in the past that they are an also-ran in endurance racing (and don’t even compete in the top class), which is true, and that they have been F1-focused for decades, which is also true.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again—READ damn it. Did I say Ferrari’s GT-class cars never win???

I have said in the past that they are an also-ran in endurance racing (and don’t even compete in the top class), which is true, and that they have been F1-focused for decades, which is also true.

You’re right I missed that part my bad.

We get it though, you don’t need to keep validating your decision of why you picked the right car, because that’s starting to get a little repetitive. How many miles have you driven on this “right car” after all this time, last I remember you just broke the 1000 mile marker

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
No actually I’m just realizing that this whole time thrift Vader hasn’t been the real Ferrari hater here. I was merely correcting an error put forth by yourself

Way to miss my point that Ferrari wins races that are based on road cars though

Dude, i have been around Ferrari's. I just wasn't impressed with the post Enzo cars. 512TB sounded like the wrath of god.
430 sounded like a hayabusa.

Ferrari has made some desirable GT cars, you could argue that "post Enzo" cars have been GT car centric. because he was a fuckin maniac. and the cars have mostly been sensible.

hit me up when they win a WRC championship. ;)

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You’re right I missed that part my bad.

We get it though, you don’t need to keep validating your decision of why you picked the right car, because that’s starting to get a little repetitive. How many miles have you driven on this “right car” after all this time, last I remember you just broke the 1000 mile marker

Approaching 7,000 miles.

I’m not attempting to validate my decision. I am responding to questions and, yes, attempting to correct incorrect perceptions. Not just about Porsches, but literally every other ******* thing on this forum I’ve ever talked about.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, do you read what I write or just automatically jump to defending anything Ferrari? It’s getting really old.

Good for you, glad it’s not sitting around in a NYC garage.

I would urge you to take your own advice and read the things I have written over this past year. There has been plenty of criticism of Ferrari that I have voiced on this forum for all to read. Just to reiterate; the elimination of the manual transmission, stupid names like the LaFerrari (Ferrari The Ferrari), and them selling out with a SUV and eventually an all electric.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
625E1726-1240-4CF9-A767-B7B80C847FBB.jpeg

833F548D-5E55-4BAD-AE17-86FCDB925583.jpeg

Re-posting from a page ago to bring this back to a more interesting and constructive topic.

This is a CXX (off-menu) full leather interior from Porsche, in a new Speedster. The leather quality is still likely just so-so, but this is the way to do full leather. You don’t just do the seats and leave the default dash and wheel and other parts as they are to save money. You cover as much as possible. Also, no faux-tina. The leather is appropriately modern-looking for a modern (albeit heritage-inspired) car.

Note, it’s also appropriate for this sort of car—an open-top, purely road-focused sports car without any pretense toward a connection with racing. It is a lifestyle car, not an edgy homologation special.

I think it’s gorgeous.

That said, this kind of interior in a Porsche starts at $50K. I would not spend that kind of money myself, but this is exactly the right car to spend it on if one has the wherewithal.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, i have been around Ferrari's. I just wasn't impressed with the post Enzo cars. 512TB sounded like the wrath of god.
430 sounded like a hayabusa.

Ferrari has made some desirable GT cars, you could argue that "post Enzo" cars have been GT car centric. because he was a fuckin maniac. and the cars have mostly been sensible.

hit me up when they win a WRC championship. ;)

:lol: Fair points. He was a maniac. His drivers had the same chance of living as did those that first sailed with Christopher Columbus. He was known for pushing drivers beyond their limits. Many don’t know, but Enzo was a racing driver himself and his road car division was both a burden and a pain in his ass. His main love and passion was his racing team (Scuderia Ferrari)

Ferrari’s can definitely play in the dirt and earn podiums. I believe the 308 GTB Group 4 won 2nd place shortly after its creation

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re-posting from a page ago to bring this back to a more interesting and constructive topic.

Not so fast, you’re not getting off that easy. I can clearly admit when I’m wrong, as I displayed in my previous post to you, but are you not capable of admitting yourself to being even slightly wrong about myself always “jumping to defending anything Ferrari”? The proof is all within these pages, if you’ve read everything I’ve written then you would know better then to say that about me

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
:lol: Fair points. He was a maniac. His drivers had the same chance of living as did those that first sailed with Christopher Columbus. He was known for pushing drivers beyond their limits. Many don’t know, but Enzo was a racing driver himself and his road car division was both a burden and a pain in his ass. His main love and passion was his racing team (Scuderia Ferrari)

Ferrari’s can definitely play in the dirt and earn podiums. I believe the 308 GTB Group 4 won 2nd place shortly after its creation

Not impressed. still driven like it's on tarmac. where is the flamboyance? doubly disappointed.

But, . . . . . . . Actually no. Enzo would say the same thing.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not so fast, you’re not getting off that easy. I can clearly admit when I’m wrong, as I displayed in my previous post to you, but are you not capable of admitting yourself to being even slightly wrong about myself always “jumping to defending anything Ferrari”? The proof is all within these pages, if you’ve read everything I’ve written then you would know better then to say that about me

It’s my impression that you are over-defensive about Ferrari. That doesn’t mean you never say anything critical. It means that you often jump the gun on defending the brand and the cars without carefully reading what you are responding to. Also, a lot of what you say is a bit too forgiving or simply too rose-colored.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s my impression that you are over-defensive about Ferrari. That doesn’t mean you never say anything critical. It means that you often jump the gun on defending the brand and the cars without carefully reading what you are responding to. Also, a lot of what you say is a bit too forgiving or simply too rose-colored.

Ok got the answer I was expecting

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads