• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Thrift Vader how you doing on your side of the world?

Clearly not stock but neither is some of the cars it passes. Love the upshift bangs

We are doing okay over here. Wearing masks, talking little to people in public. keeping a distance from others.
Then getting in our cars. taking off our masks, and putting the windows down for fresh air.

Strange times ahead. but i really am on the search for a new "Fun Car".
As mine has a new home.

(Sold it to cover Corona lost income)

DSC_0353.JPG

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swear I’m not trying to antagonize our Porsche brethren here. The GT3RS is ahead most of the track and appears to back off rather then passed. It got me thinking that I might be mistaken to dismiss the new C8 so quickly just on its looks and odd interior layout. Can the steering wheel be any squarer?

The C8 driver is practically a kid, no doubt highly skilled though.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are doing okay over here. Wearing masks, talking little to people in public. keeping a distance from others.
Then getting in our cars. taking off our masks, and putting the windows down for fresh air.

Strange times ahead. but i really am on the search for a new "Fun Car".
As mine has a new home.

(Sold it to cover Corona lost income)

View attachment 1367927

Sad to see it go, what made you choose that Subbie over the others in your stable?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't dismiss any corvette after C5 in general

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swear I’m not trying to antagonize our Porsche brethren here.

Not feeling antagonized in the least. For many years Corvettes have offered great bang for the buck and nipped at the heals of European marques. Much like Porsche and BMW, they also have a very active car club for people that want to be involved in Corvette activities and social events. I also know a few Corvette owners, who are super nice guys.

For me the bizarre interior designs (currently a love it or hate it exterior) and questionable build quality in the past have never left me particularly interested in owning one. In addition, Corvettes of the past have been bigger heavier GT style cars, and the current car isn't exactly lightweight. I'd rather have something smaller and more nimble for carving up winding back roads around here, but YMMV.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Sad to see it go, what made you choose that Subbie over the others in your stable?

A guy rang my doorbell. and asked to buy it.
I explained that it had been taken off the road for a later complete overhaul. he saw what parts came with it. and he paid a fair price. (More than i paid for it)

My legacy is still super calm and reliable. it just feels like an old man's car. well the last owner was an old man. so i guess that's the persona the car adopted. it's very stoic.

The Yellow car had the feeling like it was a soccer hooligan.

The Forester is starting to become like my wife. Because it really had no human interaction before her. - virtually a soul less new car.

I'm trying to lift my spirits, by daydreaming the next fun car. when this virus is over, and i can return to work.
Browsing now. top pics later. ;)

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
A clean 180sx is $27,000???!!!!!!

I'd rather have this:
Much more car, for much less money.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd rather have this:

My choice would also be for the 2nd one. The 350Z scene (at least around NJ) is a bit tired with a majority of its owners absolutely ruining their cars by stancing them or modding them with ridiculous body kits. There’s something about a 350Z/G35 owner that stimulates the eye roll reflex

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have something smaller and more nimble for carving up winding back roads around here, but YMMV.

Couldn’t have agreed more. I’m not particularly fond of track driving. Give me a tight curvy backroad or mountain uphill any day of the week. That’s one thing I am looking forward to with the STI, especially when it snows.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Oh, an Sti handles like a cat. grabbing in the direction it wants to go. even on ice. you'll love it.

And hey, the 350 Z dropped at the peak of doucheculture. But they are a good chassis, and affordable. I saw one at the local track with a supercharger kit. not the banana's car you would expect. but it was consistent. and reliable.
-an associates Evo was broken to my right. .

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd rather have this:

There is a JDM importer here where you can get 180SXs for $15K all day. Wonder why that one is so expensive.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One for Thrift and Otter.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of car spottings from this week.

Which model is the Porsche lead car? I only had a split second to take the photo, as these guys were really booking
3B4B4971-B37E-4BA3-9518-884753E1A332.png

Dodge Charger with red head/fog light covers. Makes for an even angrier look.

9BAFF7DB-4DF7-4492-A926-513826BCDFA7.jpeg

This Aston Martin was truly remarkable

83554DE9-5291-45BA-B601-7B9810C31DE5.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads