• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, here goes. I drove a Turbo (not S) in about 10 miles of city and highway driving. No launches allowed, unfortunately.

Overall verdict: i think Porsche made an EV that will satisfy Porsche fanbois and ‘car guys’ as being a true Porsche.

Exterior: wow. It’s a very pretty vehicle, despite not being as crazy as the mission e. To me, it’s the prettiest four door Porsche ever, with apologies to my own Macan GTS

Interior: this is how it’s done, Tesla. The interior of this car will not embarrass itself against any car out there, as it shouldn’t for a $150k car. My test car was exactly like my old Macan Turbo - red seats with black trim and deviated stitching. I really liked the pano roof, although in FL the lack of a sunshade will be a problem. Legroom is adequate, similar to Macan.

Cargo space: not great. Because of the batteries, the trunk has a high floor. Somewhat compensated by a frunk, but that frunk is like 2/3d’s the size of the Cayman or 911’s.

Power: it’s utter lunacy. There’s a mountain of torque from any speed, instantaneously. I punched the throttle from a standstill and the g-forces knocked the phone out of my wife’s hand. I deliberately drove the McLaren to the dealership so I could drive them back to back and i think the Taycan Turbo can take it off the line...maybe not by much. Street acceleration, I’d say that of the cars I’ve driven it feels the most like a F90 M5, but the M5 is heavier-feeling (i know it’s actually lighter) and more ponderous..it also feels less able to stop.

Steering: as good as any EPAS system out there. Porsche does it again. No RWS and much more weight than a GT3, so it’s not as nimble as that car, but still...Porsche makes the best modern steering system right now.

Handling: i can see what they say about low center of gravity. Car is planted at x2 the speed limit on long sweepers and very nimble for its weight on quick moves like lane changes. You can feel the weight transfer a little slowly during side to side moves, but..no ****. It’s a heavy car

Range: Iono. I was given the car with 240 miles on the display. After some initial aggressive driving it went down to 230 in the first half mile, and then it went down to 228 in the next 9.5 miles. It’s still a concern for me but i didn’t have it enough for anything conclusive.

Other stuff: i actually liked the tron-like engine noise. Felt like i was still driving a car. Regenerative braking is a LOT less shocking than Tesla’s and felt like normal ICE engine braking to me. Controls are intuitive but I’m not sure if i like the menu-driven controls over the 1-button-per-function approach of previous gen Porsche. Tesla’s huge main screen still has far more ‘wow factor’ than Porsche’s interface.

Price: get a Tesla if you want to win by numbers. The Taycan doesn’t offer much more incremental performance for the additional cost, and at least as of right now, the range is a big question mark for the Porsche. Very few people truly care if the Taycan can beat the Model S around the Nurburgring (and i suspect exactly 0 in North America).

The Taycan is for people who want a Porsche EV. And if that was the objective, it’s 100% mission accomplished. People who don’t get the Taycan are the same folks who’d get a Hellcat or a GTR because it would beat a 911 in this test or that test. And that’s totally fine. But the people who want what Porsche offers will gladly pay $50k more for a Taycan

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great review, now I’m really hoping other manufacturers come out decent electric vehicle too, hopefully bmw i4 will out range Tesla (don’t need to put gun sub 4 0 to 60 is fast enough, heck even sub 5 is fast enough)...

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
So i pull into a 7/11 to answer my phone. it's the wife. Dinner? -Steak. nice.
anyway, as i pull in. there is a 4-Door R33 GTSt. and it gave me the feels. I miss my Skyline. so in typical "Enthusiast" fashion. i try to peel out using the same inputs as i would have before.
only now? In a lightly iced Parking lot?
The Twin Turbo Legacy just drops a sitter. melts the ice, Tires Squeal, and i am doing a 4 wheel burnout. then ease off. to roll out.
and perhaps i am no longer the one questioning choices.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, here goes. I drove a Turbo (not S) in about 10 miles of city and highway driving. No launches allowed, unfortunately.

Overall verdict: i think Porsche made an EV that will satisfy Porsche fanbois and ‘car guys’ as being a true Porsche.

Exterior: wow. It’s a very pretty vehicle, despite not being as crazy as the mission e. To me, it’s the prettiest four door Porsche ever, with apologies to my own Macan GTS

Interior: this is how it’s done, Tesla. The interior of this car will not embarrass itself against any car out there, as it shouldn’t for a $150k car. My test car was exactly like my old Macan Turbo - red seats with black trim and deviated stitching. I really liked the pano roof, although in FL the lack of a sunshade will be a problem. Legroom is adequate, similar to Macan.

Cargo space: not great. Because of the batteries, the trunk has a high floor. Somewhat compensated by a frunk, but that frunk is like 2/3d’s the size of the Cayman or 911’s.

Power: it’s utter lunacy. There’s a mountain of torque from any speed, instantaneously. I punched the throttle from a standstill and the g-forces knocked the phone out of my wife’s hand. I deliberately drove the McLaren to the dealership so I could drive them back to back and i think the Taycan Turbo can take it off the line...maybe not by much. Street acceleration, I’d say that of the cars I’ve driven it feels the most like a F90 M5, but the M5 is heavier-feeling (i know it’s actually lighter) and more ponderous..it also feels less able to stop.

Steering: as good as any EPAS system out there. Porsche does it again. No RWS and much more weight than a GT3, so it’s not as nimble as that car, but still...Porsche makes the best modern steering system right now.

Handling: i can see what they say about low center of gravity. Car is planted at x2 the speed limit on long sweepers and very nimble for its weight on quick moves like lane changes. You can feel the weight transfer a little slowly during side to side moves, but..no ****. It’s a heavy car

Range: Iono. I was given the car with 240 miles on the display. After some initial aggressive driving it went down to 230 in the first half mile, and then it went down to 228 in the next 9.5 miles. It’s still a concern for me but i didn’t have it enough for anything conclusive.

Other stuff: i actually liked the tron-like engine noise. Felt like i was still driving a car. Regenerative braking is a LOT less shocking than Tesla’s and felt like normal ICE engine braking to me. Controls are intuitive but I’m not sure if i like the menu-driven controls over the 1-button-per-function approach of previous gen Porsche. Tesla’s huge main screen still has far more ‘wow factor’ than Porsche’s interface.

Price: get a Tesla if you want to win by numbers. The Taycan doesn’t offer much more incremental performance for the additional cost, and at least as of right now, the range is a big question mark for the Porsche. Very few people truly care if the Taycan can beat the Model S around the Nurburgring (and i suspect exactly 0 in North America).

The Taycan is for people who want a Porsche EV. And if that was the objective, it’s 100% mission accomplished. People who don’t get the Taycan are the same folks who’d get a Hellcat or a GTR because it would beat a 911 in this test or that test. And that’s totally fine. But the people who want what Porsche offers will gladly pay $50k more for a Taycan

Not surprised that you enjoyed the experience. Two of my friends who each own a few Porsches (modern and vintage) have driven a Taycan Turbo and both of them were thoroughly impressed! They are not ready to give up their ICE Porsches, but they both said they could see themselves getting a Taycan at some point.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I took my douchemobile to the dealership for the CEL. They said it was just a misfire and my car needed a software update. I get my car this morning and I'm driving to work. I put the car under load and my car does the same thing. It starts revving weird, car starts vibrating, and then the CEL turns on again. I pull off the freeway and the car is vibrating when idling. I restart the car which causes the CEL to turn off but then my car won't rev properly anymore.

I'm thoroughly unimpressed when this was less than 150 miles after getting the 50k mile checkup. Based on what I read, it sounds like the MAF sensor isn't functioning properly but I'm not an expert so I don't want to jump to conclusions.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there got to be good MB independent where you’re? Don’t need them to fix but have at them take a look?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@HRoi , what are you not telling us? ?

Haha! Someone actually texted me that yesterday in a kind ‘a friend of a friend told me that this happened’ kind of way. I was like, WTF dude i was just driving one of those 15 minutes ago!

After thinking about it overnight, I’m still struggling to find a place for it in my garage. It would have to replace the only 4door/4seat car i have with luggage handling capability (the Macan). and that won’t work because that’s obviously the car we take on long trips. I am not there yet on the whole in-trip charging bandwagon

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have come to learn that this exists.

What the ****?? I hated the Type R wing but simply removing it turns the car from “I’m embarrassed to even be seen next to this” into stylish, possibly best looking car in this segment. I mean i shouldn’t be surprised - the Si is a handsome car - but I am surprised at how huge the transformation is. It’s like the nerd girl in the movies letting her hair down and getting contacts.

also, not available in the states. Seriously Honda?!

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A5CD5682-9891-4B79-9C2F-8B36B2B38A0F.jpeg

tested the taycan, and none of the evs are for me at the moment. Had a Reva (gwiz ? In uk) 15y ago, and I could have fun with it. Fishtailing on snow etc. None of the current evs give these kind of emotions. Love my 992c4s though...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this the other day and had to do a double take. I like the new Jeep don’t get me wrong, but these just have a special place in my heart. Thanks Jurassic Park lol

3AF3957D-34F5-4A2D-8B6C-660575DAEB8F.jpeg

C74F7725-52F7-42CF-B415-5EF138CFF8B3.jpeg

7777B5AB-C432-426B-860C-DA58889A274C.jpeg

31CB504E-02AC-420E-B7EC-0C32044EBCAF.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads