• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2011 Nissan Versa Sedan (manual window, manual trans, manual seats, no carpet, no cruise control)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it snows where he is? the factory exhaust will rust out in a year or 2.

Really? I live in New England, we get lots of snow every year, they love to salt and sand our roads. Our last Subie survived 10 New England winters and the original exhaust was never replaced.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I’ve had those heat shield things rust in no time flat. But not the exhaust system.
Really? I live in New England, we get lots of snow every year, they love to salt and sand our roads. Our last Subie survived 10 New England winters and the original exhaust was never replaced.
Those do rust out in no time.
I have seen my share of rust. dang. i see 2013 cars rusting holes. (Arches, Sills)
this year is my car's 1st snowy winter. = rusting exhaust.

gotta upgrade to stainless.

Edit: With the sills. it only takes a scratch that goes unattended. and exhausts are just really bad metal.
Rust gives me the jeebs.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Porsche does a really nice tan interior. The darker brown here isn't doing anything for me.

It’s not a problem in and of itself that the leather is brown. It’s that it’s in a Lava Orange car with Lava Orange interior accents.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
It's like almost every time you bought a "Choc/Orange" Chocolate. or milk drink. and regretted it later.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
057E0EC9-FC6A-4885-8FA1-68DE53B6B10F.jpeg
2FF72CEC-1F6D-43B1-8F90-35AC15492360.jpeg
0789D360-DC4D-4A01-9BC6-AE32BBCA13A6.jpeg
871ECC9F-61E3-40B4-AE88-A664A49C1E48.jpeg

Our Valentines Day/evening excitement. Mrs. Dino’s MB C43 is in for service and they gave us a 2015 C300 4-Matic as a loaner car. We had a nice dinner out and as we were driving home on the highway we heard a loud BANG! The freakin glass panoramic roof exploded! At first I thought my wife opted for a loaner car with a 007 style ejector seat... but I didn’t get thrown through the roof. It was 17F outside and we had the heat on 74F. While we drove home a friend looked online and found a class action suit against MB, with similar stories about cold outside temperatures, heat on in the car and the roofs exploding.

Thankfully, the panoramic roof was an option my tech friends for the 328 told me to avoid when we were specc’ing Mrs. Dino’s car.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy cow! I have only heard exploding sun roof from (not paronamic) when someone done wrapping, never see that before... that got to be scary, at least it was safety glass...

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jeez. That must have woken y'all right up!

Um...how do you manage to break a breaker bar??

It's not that hard. Done it atleast once if not more times than that.
----------
On an unrelated note... I'm starting to think about selling the miata and picking up one of the twins used if I can find a trade or sell mine for a decent amount. Would be fun to daily a car like that year round. TL is still going strong for now. Given that it's a honda, I have a feeling the rear QP rust will probably take the car off the road before the motor dies. Need to keep an eye on the transmission as I've read some of them like to die but the 06's seem to be reasonable.
------------
To the person talking about limp mode earlier. My guess would be something like the throttle position sensor. I've had that happen in my car a few times off and on and it drives like crap and refuses to shift. Turn the car off and on and it's back to normal. Weird.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! I have only heard exploding sun roof from (not paronamic) when someone done wrapping, never see that before... that got to be scary, at least it was safety glass...

I've heard of Porsche 993 back windows exploding I think usually in hot weather. I had heard of a few issues of glass panoramic roofs exploding, but I didn't know anyone personally who had experienced it. The scariest part was hearing the sound and not knowing exactly what had happened until I heard glass rattling around and I looked up at the roof. Thankfully, the inner sunshade kept the glass from coming in on us.

Good thing it's a loaner! Definition of somebody else's problem ...

So true, and very glad we didn't order that option on Mrs. Dino's car!

Jeez. That must have woken y'all right up!

If I were a cat, I probably lost 2 lives when we heard that really loud bang overhead as the glass exploded!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads