• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Damn, a friend mine hit a moose a while ago in Sweden his Scirocco looked a lot like that.

Once hit a pigeon while doing 80mph, it completely disintegrated and it got into the climate and air filter, fyi warm pigeon blood stinks.

Where my sister lives once every few years a moose faces down a Greyhound bus. Moose is toast but apparently EMTs are picking moose out of even people that were sitting at the back of the bus.

This link is for LabelKing: http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140725-a-sedan-for-sultans

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Someone dinged my car door. Second time on the same car this year :mad:

Edit - I meant to post this in the "things that are pissing you off" thread. Don't know how I managed to post it here, but I guess it works too

hopefully not the gt3

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, that footage is from my home track Summit Point. You hear about animal incidents occasionally but mostly groundhogs. A deer is horrible luck.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn, a friend mine hit a moose a while ago in Sweden his Scirocco looked a lot like that.

Once hit a pigeon while doing 80mph, it completely disintegrated and it got into the climate and air filter, fyi warm pigeon blood stinks.

Modern Scirocco or vintage? I always thought the vintage ones were cool, although it was an old Corrado that I really wanted back when I was in high school. Those were a nifty VW...

G60 supercharger or VR6, I could have swung either way (although by the time they got old, the superchargers were all doomed, so a lot of them were replaced with turbos instead of rebuilding). Sweet little 2+2 that they say was originally conceived as a porsche 944 replacement...so you end up with essentially a cut-rate VW badged porsche.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Love the middle of the video where he keeps lifting the inside rear wheel far off the ground in the corners...I don't think that would fly on a sports car in that range 26 years later.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Current one and it was only the windshield that was ruined.

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
Huh? Haven't checked in here in weeks. And people rave about the LFA?
eek.gif

The must be the most pitiful car of the last 10 years. It is just boring as f***. As you said, it does nothing exceptionally, not the fastest, not the best handling, no innovation whatsoever, not the prettiest, not nada. But pricey.

First Japanese super car built from scratch without experience and loosing money on every one of them? Sorry, Toyota has done exactly that already in 1967.

The Scirocco on the other hand is an enthusiastic yes. Of, course, the original one. To my eye, one of the best Giugiaro designs. Didn't they shoe horn the Golf GTI engine into it in Europe? That would be the one to get.

By the way, there was no involvement of Porsche in the Corrado development, so it is not a re-badged Porsche at all. I doubt that there is a single Porsche derived part on it. It was an all in-house VW development and there was never a plan to replace the 944 with it (That became the Porsche developed 968). By that time, both companies pretty much went separate ways. I know wikipedia states that but I believe it is wrong. They might be confusing the fact that VW commissioned Porsche to develop a sports car in 1974, which was the beginning of the Porsche 924. When VW canceled the plans due to the oil crisis (And decided to move ahead with the Golf/ Scirocco which did not have any Porsche involvement at all), Porsche decided to introduce the developed car under the Porsche brand with an Audi derived engine - which has always been the achilles heel of the 924 as it was too anemic for the car (And enthusiasts argued at the wrong side of the car and, what blasphemy, water cooled).

Mike

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you driven the LFA? I tend to agree with the "not the prettiest" and "pricey" comments, but I don't know if it's boring to drive. It does sound nice

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
No - Honestly, not sure if it would be the first choice for me to jump into a car and drive it, given so much alternatives out there that are so much more exciting. But you know, I am first and foremost a design enthusiast when it comes to cars (Hence my love for the old stuff) - I only by cars by color
smile.gif

I would assume that the LFA drives decent, don't get me wrong. But then, you got alternatives at a vast different price point as well. When it comes to Japanese "super-ish cars" of all ages, I would much rather prefer the mentioned GT2000, the Cosmo, the Skyline, the NSX, the GT-R ... all of those had a level of novelty and excitement that far surpasses the LFA.

Mike

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw the new konigsegg one 1 in the flesh today, not the est looking car in the world.

It was parked at car event together with 12C, Weismann, new M4 and a F type, the later to drove past me a little later and the m4 sounds great.

mbaum

Reaction score
Rumored $5b investment, and dumbing down the main line in it's process: Justified!

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't the i8 roughly Tesla money?

It's taxed here, so they want 500k for it.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The i8 starts at $140k USD while the Model S runs you 70-90k depending on battery. Don't think they're in very equivalent tax brackets or market segments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads