1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

My best friend used to live in Las Colinas, then moved to Plano, his parents live in Flower Mound. My BMW CA is also from there. I actually like greater Dallas, though in small doses. The W Ghost Bar used to be cool, but then started sucking. I used to go there regularly, was there twice this year before he moved. Also, the company I used to work for had a big presence there.

My cousin used to live in Houston - you couldn't pay me to live there or in San Antonio.

My friend just moved to Cali, which was my tipping point for moving there in a few weeks. :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Seriously?

Edit: Why is the guy using 'power coating'? Is that different from 'powder coating'? Also, if the car (on a real dyno) puts that wheel torque with what is essentially just an ECU flash on a 4wd car with the center diff losses - call up BMW Munich and tell them they got the N54 all wrong.

Also, what is a carbon fiber E92 hood? Like the one BMW never made for any of their M-cars?

They also killed the intake geometry that BMW used for the N54. The one hood scoop that was functional (the other, according to BMW, was there for 'optical symmetry, but basically just dumped rain on the engine) worked with the huge airbox and intake manifold on the E92 M3 S65 engine and was impedance/resonance matched across all 3 of the intakes.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a Frankenstein and unlike what BMW did for the N54 cars, the 1M and the E92 M3. Also, what is with the maintenance history? New ignition coils and new in-tank FP (not the HP FP, which BMW did a recall on anyway)?

Plus the hideous paint and the 'NYCE' and 'Paid For' tires and plates?

Plus the hail damage on the title?

Also, is it actually 24k gold? McLaren pulled it off with a BMW engine in the F1, just want to make sure this matches the morons including Gordon Murray and the BMW M team that designed the F1.

This sounds like something I wouldn't have touched with a 10 foot pole - and I'm not mentioning everything I see wrong.

Sorry if I came across a bit harsh here.

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Pretty sure he didn't actually buy that car but rather is showing the trash that BMW forum enthusiasts insists is gold.

1 person likes this.
  4. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Hope so w/a - I sent him a PM :teach:

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

there are fewer more potent STAY AWAY warnings than the combination of "BMW", "Enthusiast", and "Queens, NY"

2 people like this.
  6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Everything in Texas is so spread out compared to Cali. Have to drive like 8 miles in each direction just to find a legit restaurant that isnt a crappy chain (applebees/chilis etc)

7. mapkos13

mapkos13 Member

CLS63 AMG

2 people like this.
  8. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

If you ate at the one on Burnet I grew up 2 blocks from there.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Guise, the Flossy Red Queen is sittin purrty in my parking spot. I already picked up two hunnies while crusin around.

3 people like this.
  10. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

It's been a while since I bitched about my VW. GTI's are great in theory but the car has been a nightmare between 20K miles and 52K currently. Every 4-5K miles something happens that I have to drop it off at the dealership. After the 45K transmission issue, my wife hit a pothole at 49K which was perfect timing for an oil change and I am glad it didn't have any other issues than the tire. Now at 52K I get the very useful check engine light.

I looked in the manual once I got to work an it seems that the combination of lights my car was lighting up this morning indicates a possibly catalytic converter issue. If I have a catalytic converter issue at 52K miles, I am burning this car.

A lease on a BMW 320d seems interesting though I have never leased. It would leave me with my wife's 128i as I assume I wouldn't get the new car.

11. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Thank the lords that you made a joke and not a real joke.

1 person likes this.
  12. sonick

sonick Senior member

So how bout that new 510-hp RWD/AWD Alfa sedan coming to North America?

Now with video (skip to 0:35 for DAT engine noise)

1 person likes this.
  13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

FDFY

1 person likes this.
  14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Did you really buy that car?

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Absolutely not! It's the most hideous thing I've ever seen.

1 person likes this.
  16. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I find it hilarious that some thought you might have bought it... speaking to your taste, or lack thereof.

5 people like this.
  17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Seriously... My taste isn't that terrible [​IMG]

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Eight gold rings like I'm Shab-Shabba Ranks
    Four gold rims like I'm Shab-Shabba Ranks
    One gold tooth like I'm Shab-Shabba Rank

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

This is going to be interesting.

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Why do I get the feels that Alfa is going to put Maserati and their Ghibli to utter shame?