Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I just did some Netweb cross shopping of an Audi Q7 vs. the new MB GL (GL kicks the Audi's ass) and found out something that might change my way of life. www.ridewithg.com has been pressured into no longer posting current lease residuals and money factors!

2. poena

poena Senior member

ha I read CGT as carrear GT as well.

what is the S you speak of?

anyone here own an older porsche? late 70s-90s? been really wanting one

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Sorry, 2012 S550.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

TC, what's realistic market value of the F355 right now? Would appreciate info or PM if you don't want to publicize

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Pressured by who? With that leverage?

6. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Shot you a pm.

7. horndog

horndog Senior member

I don't own one, but for the 70s and 80s variants, if you enjoy DIY and have a garage to do so in, they're apparently very straightforward machines. Many are still tracked and there's strong aftermarket and community support from what I can tell.

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

Hnnng dream commuter :inlove:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

I saw that a few months ago and was dismayed. Hoping by the time I'm in the market for a lease again, which could be as soon as the end of this year if I abandon by Model X plan, that he figured out his crowd-sourcing alternative or otherwise gets things up and running. ridewithg really was the great equalizer.

I guess what we've learned is that BMW isn't worried about creating a lot of niche models that could cannibalize sales. You really have to slice things thinly to distinguish between the 3 series and the 4 GC. I saw a 3 Series GT this week and can't really understand why that even exists but now it has competition in the 4GC. Doesn't seem like BMW will be done splitting atoms until every single person in the world has a different version of the 3 series they can call their own. I want mine to be a 4 door, but I want suicide doors on the passenger side and normal doors on the driver side, just in case it ever becomes useful.

10. KenRose

KenRose Senior member

why not get a cayman for your next car?

11. KenRose

KenRose Senior member

I just sold my 06 Cayman S and will be getting a V6 F Type at the end of the month. After 8 years wanted a change, and I actually liked how the F Type drove on the street. As for the automatic, yea I wish it was a manual but the manual's days are limited in the Porsche too. And the 8 speed in the Jag is actually pretty good.
    And as odd as it is for me I'm starting to really dig the look of the convertible. Didn't feel this way at first but I now prefer it to the coupe.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Regardless of my comments regarding driving dynamics, if you get the f-type you will be driving the most gorgeous car under 100k on the market. With all due apologies to Audi RS5

13. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

M5, day 2... I'm not terribly excited about driving this thing. It's just too damn big. And in the city it's not like I can really step on it. This just makes me more frustrated than anything else. I also concluded that I was MUCH more thrilled driving the E46 M for the first time like 8 years ago than I was with this.

Also, this thing needs an exhaust. All those videos I've watched over the years of tuned E60's has set the bar very high for what I think an M5 should sound like.

Overall consensus - I'm already bored of this car.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Pretty much the only entertaining thing about a fast car and street driving (assuming you're not interested in doing something stupid) are the freeway on ramps. Although if you live in NYC or LA, those suck too.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

That's why it's important to have a car with dat exhaust :teach: