1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

According to the terms on the european one, you get a rental, hotel and they tow your car to the dealership and fix it, so I would assume its the same in the us.

2. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

If Mbrace is anything like BMW in the US - you get a limited distance trip to either a BMW dealership/tire shop or to Hertz or Enterprise for a rental car. At the rental car places, they only offer a "special BMW rate".

It doesn't matter if your got a tiny flat or your car rolled over and all the airbags went off.

3. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I never thought I'd like the Macan until my neighbor got one an S like you, also black. Enjoy in good health.

4. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Thanks! Having never liked the Cayenne, I thought a Porsche SUV wasn't my thing until I drove this one. In terms of handling, can't say it's anywhere close to a Cayman or 911, but it does have that Porsche sports car feel that you get from their coupes. I'm happy with it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Yeah, you get all that with MBrace here. I cannot remember if there's any mileage limits for towing or just to the nearest MB dealership or what but I remember reading it and thinking it was pretty comprehensive.

I got a flat last year. It took me 20 minutes to change it and I figure using the system would have been at least an hour wait for AAA.

6. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I should have been more clear. With BMW, it's any distance to the nearest dealership. If you go outside that - say you want to get a flat repaired at your local tire shop, get a rental etc., then it's limited.

In certain situations, that potentially puts you between a rock and a hard place. If you have some issue that might take them a couple of hours to fix, you can obviously have it fixed there, but won't have a loaner to get to work or the like. Obviously, if it's a major issue, you get a loaner.

It's another thing I love about Tesla CS. We take your car to a service center and we take you anywhere you want to go and bring either your car or a loaner to you - no questions asked.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  7. tricky

tricky Senior member

I think I spend the better part of each day fantasizing about owning a 911 :)

8. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

Me too but mine is a Singer, black with a cognac interior. Dreeeeeaaaammm, dream dream dream

2 people like this.
  9. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Thoughts on the Levante? If this has been discussed, please ignore. Curious if this will be a quality car, and what would be it's selling points...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

God I can't wait for this SUV trend to die

4 people like this.
  11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Looks like a Buick front end mated to a more "coupe" like Kia rear. Would not buy.

SQ5 or Macan if I had to get a small "lux sport" SUV.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  12. evolved

evolved Senior member

Eh....it looks like an overpriced vehicle that won't do anything particularly well, outside of being a luxury filled name plate.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Wow Maser's building an SUV now? Finally the Range Rover owners have people to smirk at and make fun of their truck's reliability :lol:

14. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

[​IMG]

15. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

SQ5 is pretty awesome. Lot of bang for your buck there when comparing to the other higher end SUVs.

Macan drives better, but Porsches that are well optioned can really cost you an arm and a leg.

Agreed. The Mas is hideous.

16. mimo

mimo Senior member

Really?

\[​IMG]

17. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Assuming there are a lot of Chrysler underpinnings? Seems like the worthy successor to those Maserati-badged Chrysler LeBaron cars from the 80s or 90s...

18. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Agreed. They serve their purpose but as far as I'm concerned, other than ones outfitted with specialty equipment, there shouldn't be an SUV out there selling for north of $50,000. Period. The (original; no Sport or Evoque) Range Rover, (non-AMG) G Class and Land Cruiser may be grandfathered in since their history as expensive SUVs predates the trend.

19. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

it's not going to happen. People think they need them.

it's kind of the same thing with pickup trucks. "I need to buy some grass seed ... lets fire up the truck"

20. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Only about 10% of actual truck owners need a truck.

1 person likes this.