• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not turn this on other than at the track given how people are getting arrested for their youtube videos.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/05/autos/corvette-stingray-dash-cam/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

At least it saves the data to a sd card as opposed to an internal hard drive

1259321457_eating-evidence.gif

Last edited:

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ultimate Self-Drifting Machine:

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
was only a matter of time

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 series looks interesting. Although the millions of variants bmw has designed is a bit excessive, their realignment of series numbers should make it less confusing. Even numbers are coupes (this also explains the number change from Z3 to Z4 in addition to the 3/4 series name change), odd numbers are 4 door variants (except perhaps 1 series, which will likely be hatchback only?). Is the 1 series going to become hatchback only with the new 2 series? I don't see how both remain coupes.

Going forward, it looks like:

1 series - small - hatchback - 3 door
2 series - small - coupe/convertible - 4 seater
3 series - small - sedan - 4 door (with a GT variant)
4 series - medium - coupe/convertible - 4 seater (possibly with a grancoupe variant?)
5 series - medium - sedan - 4 door (with a GT variant)
6 series - large - coupe/convertible - 4 seater (2 of which are double-leg amputees) (with a grancoupe variant)
7 series - large - sedan - 4 door
8 series - extra-large - coupe - 4 seater (still in concept)

SUVs/Crossovers

X1 - station wagon
X2 - station wagon crossover (in concept)
X3 - small SUV
X4 - small crossover
X5 - medium SUV
X6 - medium crossover
X7 - large SUV (rumor/concept)

Then also Z4 and i series.

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope that dash is highly configurable.

Needs a bigger tachometer.

New Lexus RC-F pics are out. 480 HP V8. I much prefer the styling on this vs the new IS, especially the rear tailights (the IS tailights are hideous).

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
Big nod to sister GT 86?
Yep - same thought here. Overall, Lexus still wins the price for most boring car designs ever in my book.

On TT interior:
  • Likes - Seats, manual transmission, clean/ low on button clusters, steering wheel
  • Dislikes - Angular-ish shape of dashboard, gimmicky turbine vents with integrated heater controls/ display, that display screen. Understand the sign of the times to go all digital and configurable, I very much prefer analogue instruments with needles flying around the dial.

Mike

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy **** does Lexus' design language suck major cock.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd the the ability to tie certain dash display configurations based on what you're doing. If Nav destination is entered then select the first pic shown with the huge google map. If just putzing around town then have the speed gauges smaller, if on the highway, have the speed larger and tach smaller. If on a track then have the speedo and tach larger with info like oil temp etc more prevalent.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Audi - spending their engineering budget on a ******* dashboard, completely ignoring the rest of the car

BMW - engineering cars that don't actually suck to drive

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The temperature adjust/display in the vent knob is slick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads