• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More on the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks a lot better than the outgoing Gallardo imo. It will sell like crazy.

While no modern car has the craziness of the old Lambos, the current Lamborghinis are still the closest thing. 

I'd wager that the Pagani Zonda's were pretty akin to the wild Lambo's of old.

Crazy horsepower, wild design, sometimes squirrely handling with all that power sent to the rear wheels.

Last edited:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or has the last few generations of Lambos become almost formulaic in their designs? There was a time (which may be entirely imaginary) when each new car had a distinctly new profile and shape. The last 4 or 5 cars have all looked like evolutions of their forebears rather than blue-sky projects.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only company I can think of that their previous car looked nothing like the new car would be McLaren. The F1 and P-Series look nothing alike. All other super/hyper car companies tend to follow a similar pattern.

I am sure someone will prove me wrong but my brain is hazy from too many beers last night. Also only thinking of modern cars and nothing too historical.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it me or has the last few generations of Lambos become almost formulaic in their designs? There was a time (which may be entirely imaginary) when each new car had a distinctly new profile and shape. The last 4 or 5 cars have all looked like evolutions of their forebears rather than blue-sky projects.

I don't think Lambo has evolved as much since... oh... the Urraco from 1972....

Certainly the Murcielago/Aventadar/gallardo and forward are all very close. I'd argue that, like Porsche, their engine location plus the "bull" styling influence keeps them a in a fairly narrow design range.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks a lot better than the outgoing Gallardo imo. It will sell like crazy.

Crazy horsepower, wild design, sometimes squirrely handling with all that power sent to the rear wheels.

What was it Richard Hammond said? Something like, when I was kid we all had Lambo posters in our room. The same kids today would have Zondas.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

SomethingWitty

Reaction score

I was going to mention Pagani, who is clearly the "next" Lamborghini-type manufacturer, in the boutique / wild type of car company. Clearly Horacio's time at Santa A'gata had some influence. However, Lambo always built their own engines ;)

Lamborghinis have always been an evolution of the wedge-shape, ever since the Countach (which roughly translates to "holy ****", btw). I'm happy with them carrying that torch and you could argue that there are worse shapes / designs to use as a basis for evolution. I'll have to see the new "Gallardo" in person to make a call on it's design, but so far, it seems a little tame (compared to the Gallardo when it first appeared). Those side mirrors look huge!

chronoguy

Reaction score

anyone here drive electric cars? opinion? love/hate? (is there an electric car thread?)

I'm getting a little tired of my MPG's on my E39 M5.

deciding whether to keep and buy a leaf or something comparable or to just sell it and get something else fun and smaller.

I drive/lease a Fiat 500e. It was the best thing I've ever done. The lease was insanely cheap.
$1.50 to drive 50 miles. Carpool lane, discounted toll. 1st year of payments paid by the State of California via incentives.

The monthly lease and electricity cost less than one week of gas on my other car, a Range Rover. I save around close to $4,000 a year in gas. In fact, I pay more on my cell phone plan that I do to lease an electric car.

People will make fun of my ride but that is cool because I'm looking at the Jaguar F-Type Coupe, Alfa 4C or Cayman S as my weekend car next spring. Instant torque is insane.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tell us how you feel about Aston Martin.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I wasn't saying Lamborghini are better or worse for their creativity, just an observation.

Overall I would prefer a more varied and distinct design for each variation of cars with every brand, it just feels like Lambo used to have a greater gap between each gen.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was it Richard Hammond said? Something like, when I was kid we all had Lambo posters in our room. The same kids today would have Zondas.

I had 3: a black one, a red one and white one with 2 wings plus this ad cut out of a magazine

33eb3ed4c06342db9dd5ccd14e3c2531.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads