• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cold starts in my indoor garage complex = :inlove:

Even more so now that we're getting colder, denser air. Exhaust note has altered slightly.
Cold starts in my indoor garage complex = :inlove:

Even more so now that we're getting colder, denser air. Exhaust note has altered slightly.
when I had my previous car it was those cold winter mornings that made me appreciate the V12 even more. A great way to start the day.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up going with the x1 and picked it up last night. Not a bad little ride, drives like an e92 with a slightly higher center of gravity. Not a nice looking ride but performs better than the comparably sized vehicles we were looking at and gets great mileage. Had the GLA been available probably would have gone with that and still might get one of those when our other car is off lease at the end of next year if we don't go for the Model X instead.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up going with the x1 and picked it up last night. Not a bad little ride, drives like an e92 with a slightly higher center of gravity. Not a nice looking ride but performs better than the comparably sized vehicles we were looking at and gets great mileage. Had the GLA been available probably would have gone with that and still might get one of those when our other car is off lease at the end of next year if we don't go for the Model X instead.

I had one as a loaner once. Drives a lot better than it looks and it sits a lot lower than an X3 or X5. Congrats.

Last edited:

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had one as a loaner once.  Drives a lot better than it looks and it sits a lot lower than an X3 or X5. Congrats.

Thanks. Yes, definitely drives better than it looks and has the ground clearance we required without most of the associated drawbacks that more legit SUVs have. I hate to say it, but I'm probably the closest thing to a target audience for the ridiculous x6 but because I expect to drive this vehicle a lot, wanted to avoid the carbon imprint that most of the nicer vehicles that met my needs have.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just let me know when the next BMW circle jerk is, guiz

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
both my parents have BMWs.

my mother even has an extra BMW that she only drives when it's really nice out in the summer.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
funny you mention that, it was because my mother had cancer that she decided to "*******" and buy the superfluous BMW. She has been cancer-free ever since, and I think that's totally in part to the BMWs.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol at all the BMW ** club members.

I nominate and declare myself President of the club.

First order of business: please paypal me the club dues ($350 for the year) as a gift so I don't have to pay any transaction fees.

Thanks,
GF

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol at all the BMW ** club members.

I nominate and declare myself President of the club.

First order of business: please paypal me the club dues ($350 for the year) as a gift so I don't have to pay any transaction fees.
Second order of business: Rumpelstiltskin is exempt from paying club dues
Thanks,
GF

I'll second that motion

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Water pump died on me last night so I was up looking for prices for parts online. Holy mother of gawd!!! I didn't realize that they are now electric and therefore cost 4 to 6 times as much as belt driven ones from the e46 yet according to my research don't last any longer. After finding finding 500-600 price tags I finally found one for a bargain price of $390. Unbelieveable

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Water pump died on me last night so I was up looking for prices for parts online.   Holy mother of gawd!!! I didn't realize that they are now electric and therefore cost 4 to 6 times as much as belt driven ones from the e46 yet according to my research don't last any longer.  After finding finding 500-600 price tags I finally found one for a bargain price of $390.  Unbelieveable

I believe the switch from hydraulic/belt driven components, like the steering assist, is to improve fuel economy...

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winter beater anyone?

11228628574_2d4afa7408_b.jpg

11228600195_79a8e43bdf_b.jpg

11228739903_475656e452_b.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads