1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Maybe to their baller customers but to us normal folks they have a fleet of GLKs and C-class.

2. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

2nd that, I got a two door C-class. The doors were huge…

I had a B service and yer man put the left over screen wash on passenger seat for me. L'diot didn't screw the top down so it leaked all over the seat. I noticed on getting in, they were most apologetic (!) the stench was horrendous. Had to take it back the next day for a full valet.

Got the same C class:facepalm:

3. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

My dealer it is the luck of the draw or if the loaner people recognize you. They leave the Mini Coopers for last.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

joined the ranks of the driving again after all these years, E92 M3 DCT in Jerez/fox red novillo - now I'll be making Piobaire's dreams come true by talking about the car I do own, and it's a BMW too - so let's make this the official SF BMW circle jerk thread again. Looked at a lot of cars, all the way down to 320i/d's that they don't even have in America, but the selection for everything was poor overall and I needed something with both resale value, cachet, and durability, so the M3 won out. Don't know if I'd have gotten the same thing in America, as I was looking at a lot of other cars.
    It's a base model and stock except for some thick tint in the windows, so I'm taking it in this week to take the glass back to stock, and to hollow the mufflers out. Might get test pipes because my hearing is bad and I'd like to hear the car better. We have a lot of tunnels to blast in Seoul, and there isn't anybody here to pull me over and ticket me. It'll be loud but at least a quality kind of noise. Otherwise, going to put some winters or A/S on the stock 18"s, get ZCP wheels or something else for summers, maybe some mild spacers and a good alignment, and then drive the hell out of it on 100 octane. Only had for a little bit but all of my prior BMW ownership experiences are coming back and it's all natural to me, except that the M pulls and brakes pretty heroically compared to the last 540 I had. Only downside so far is that the design of the car is just completely phallic and the power dome in the hood makes you feel like you're thrusting a huge V8 cock around town.

5. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

Congrats. Glad you're putting that TOJ money to good use :slayer:

The E92 is a great little car. Too bad my only experience with it is immediately after driving an F10 M5.

Enjoy sir.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

they have you a new Martin Luther king to put around in?

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

:slayer:

Did you buy the car in Korea? I can't imagine how much an M3 would cost there..

8. impolyt_one

yea, but Korean prices are not as crazy as they used to be. When I first came out here, a 911 C2 cost $150k when they were down in the $60k's in America. They've cut almost all the import tax in recent years, and they finally have car financing systems in place here. Prices are still way different than America though, because of all the price fixing and dumping in the US. Price everywhere else in the world is basically the Euro price at some sort of manageable forex price that is supposed to go the year. It is amazing that you were able to buy an E9x M3 in America for $56k. I think the German price must be somewhere in the high $90k's for a brand new one? Michelin PSS prices here though... :fu: My car came on Ventus V12's, I will probably keep buying those too, or whatever better tires the Koreans can make. Prices for import tires are crazy.

Korean-spec M3 is basically a Euro M3, even more Euro-spec than the JP model. LHD, no side reflectors in the bumper, long EU plate holders for Korea, metric speedo, and programmed to run on 100 octane (which is like 96 RON, I think). iDrive is switchable between Korean or British English, haha.

I don't know how long I will keep it. Above all, I mainly went with the M3 because I wanted something used that was going to be reliable/have the best resale so that I would have time to think about it in case I want to jump ship to something else.
    I knew that buying anything lesser (2.0L cars are really popular here and that was what I was looking at before) would've been eating ten grand the minute I drove it away, which was going to be a shame. C63's were all hooned out, that's the local spoiled kid's muscle car. E63's too much. E46 M3's were all ragged out beyond belief. No 335's here besides the cabrio, and they were all white and steptronic... perfect for maxi pad runs. For now the E92 M3 is what I was looking for. Don't see myself being able to afford a 991 any time soon, unless my other businesses take off in a big way. Been working hard, but I think the big paydays are still a ways off. :embar:

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Congrats, Drew.

Signing out of the new BMW owners thread...

10. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

how about a pic? how many m3 drivers do we have on here now?

btw wifey put antlers and a red nose on hers. looks pretty good with the LM's

11. impolyt_one

only pic I took of it for now - y'all probably seen a bone stock Jerez M3 before, so not much for the imagination. Can't wait to get all that nasty tint taken off. it's debadged in the back too. I kind of like it that way, because Koreans put ///M badges on literally every BMW in existence. So many ///M320d's and ///M523i's here it's ridiculous. I once saw a Mini Countryman with a Nurburgring sticker that contained both a BMW logo and an ///M logo within it. They go that far here.

[​IMG]

12. impolyt_one

No personal interest in the F10 M5. Not that I could afford one anyway, but fake exhaust note? Really? It's the NA motors with ITB's that still put people on notice. The F10 is also too big. I'd forgive that motor in a San Marino Blue M6GC though... :inlove:

13. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

The fake exhaust is quite literally the last thing on your mind when you have 560hp and 502lb/ft of torque pushing you into the back of your seat. The power delivery is something that will leave you speechless. Driving it was literally a life-changing experience. Life-changing in that the M3 I drove right after felt downright slow and life-changing in that I never used to give two shits about horsepower or torque but now I'm worried that the 997 C2S that I have my eye on, with its 380hp, is going to feel sluggish.

That said, it's not without its faults. It lacks the rawness that you would have had with the E39 or even the E60 and the thing is a fucking boat and you can certainly feel the weight.

Enjoy your ride - but please swap out those 18's :)

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

new m3 has amplified engine sound and auto blips on manual downshifts confirmed

15. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

The car looks good, Drew. Enjoy!

Speaking of the F10 M5, that exhaust note is intoxicating. I was walking on the west coast today and saw one stopped at a light. I waited until it pulled off before I proceeded with my walk. Love that V10 sound.