1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I thought the S-coupe looked nice...but yeah, I don't think I'd ever be in the market for it.

Despite my criticizing it earlier, I still think the current best looking car in the big-ass coupe segment is the M6

2. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that. Can't wait to order my next RR!

3. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Still not sure I understand the point of the GL AMG. Never really saw a purpose to an SUV that goes that fast, but I suppose it's one of those things you buy because you can and for no other reason. Even if performance is a purchasing factor, the 550 is still plenty quick.

4. TimelesStyle

Do the Aston Martin DB9, Jaguar XK and Maserati GT count as "big ass coupes" and if so, were they not in the running?

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

There really is no "point" to any vehicle that performs above the bare minimum if one wants to be reductionist. Once we stop being reductionist, we pick the attributes we like about vehicles, and spend as much money as we are willing to allocate to meet those wants and desires. There is no "point" to about 90% of the vehicles posted in this thread...and about 80% of the posts in this thread are about vehicles the poster will never have parked in their garage.

6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Because there's no point to them, right?

1 person likes this.
  7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I suppose I could have also added something about having said dollars to allocate too. I know I'm sure as hell never going to have the cash to allocate to a 200k ride.

8. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

that's fair, though you don't need $200K to feel meh about a $200K car's interior.

1 person likes this.
  9. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Hmmm... you mean the Chrysler Sebring?

Seriously how can that be your pick in a class that includes a ton of great looking cars?

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

You're nuts. The M6 is stunning.

2 people like this.
  11. TimelesStyle

I guess the distinction I draw, and this is totally personal, is there's no point to an E63, but I understand. What I don't understand is the idea of combining track-worthy performance numbers with an SUV body. If I want to drive really really fast some times that's great, but I'd want a car that's meant to be driven like a performance machine, not one originally designed to haul lots of kids and gear to soccer.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Any of you guys on the East coast without garages use car covers in the winter for major snow storms? Worth it?

It's been a relatively mild winter so far.. which is great.. but that doesn't mean it can't get worse by February / March :S

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  13. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

Thanks, I ended up getting a 2011 Range Rover Sport with the Lux interior package. While it doesn't have as nice of an interior as the full size I felt it still was plenty nice for me and I just preferred the way it drove a bit more.

I had the same concerns about the interior being a tad small but got over it since it is normally just me and I'm coming from an A6. We also have an LR4 that my wife drives so have a bit bigger car when needed. Only reason I'm getting this vehicle is on the weekends I need four wheel drive for some of my hobbies and get tired of always switching with the wife.

I've looked at other SUVs and honestly other than Land Rovers the only one that really appeals to me is a Land Cruiser. Just looking for something a little easier to get around town in than that right now. I've never owned a Range Rover or RRS before but honestly the multiple Land Rovers I've owned have been much more reliable than any of the BMWs or Audis I've had.

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

It's still fall bro.

3 people like this.
  15. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

There's no point to "track worthy performance" in a passenger vehicle. Full stop.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Pretty sure the LR and RRS is on the same platform. Any size difference would just be the tall nature of the cargo area in the LR. I say that as someone that has an LR3 when they first came out about 10 years ago.

18. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

Yes, that is correct. Although it might have changed in the most recent generation. Even so the LR4 feels a lot bigger and drives a lot bigger to me (and has a third row seat that is actually decently comfortable for an adult to sit in).

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I hate my new engine already. Love the vehicle, hate the engine.

20. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

don't hate the player (the engine), hate the game (government fuel efficiency requirements)

edit. forgot to add:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014