1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

Nope. As cliche as it sounds, it brings a smile to my face literally every single time I drive it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

2. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

specced out a Corvette coupe the way i would buy it - 3LT Z51 with manual (what is this active rev matching shit) transmission, magnetic suspension, performance exhaust, competition seats, and some frou frou stuff here and there. $69k for what seems to be an amazing performance bargain.

the only thing i am not sure of is whether it makes sense to get the removable roof. of course, even if i was in the market for the Corvette, i would not do anything until i see the Z06, as i've said before.

3. GreenFrog

Wow, that's actually not a bad deal at all for all those options you picked out.

I actually saw a Z51 today at Target. It was a lot smaller than I had expected.

4. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

hey GF, a guy down the street has an immaculate jet black E60 M5. he never drives the thing - and i mean i cannot recall in the last 5 years seeing him drive it. he has a truck and a bike, and he only takes the M out to wash it (don't know why he would wash it when the thing looks like glass all the time).

if i ever get wind of him thinking about selling it, it would be a no-brainer

5. akatsuki

akatsuki Distinguished Member

May not have enough miles on it to actually be in good shape. Leaving a car sitting around can be pretty bad for it as well.

6. GreenFrog

Nice. Gotta admit I'm kinda confused, though -- thought you weren't a big fan of the e60 m5.

Have had mine for a little over half a year now and I've only put like 2K miles on it, lol.

Averaging 8 - 10 MPG in the city.

No regrets; dat v10 howl :slayer:.

It's an absolute monster now with the new contis.

If there's one thing I dislike about the car, it's the fucking i-drive system. I guess that's what happens when you have engineers in charge of UI design / logic.

I'd also love to see a DCT retrofit on an e60, although that's probably impossible.

7. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

true enough, but he's constantly working on it as well. seems to know what he's doing so hopefully it's getting the minimum amount of use and maintenance to keep it healthy.

at the very least i could flip it :lol:

8. GreenFrog

Gas here in Texas is freaking cheap too -- $2.99 for regular (can't remember the last time I saw gas for sub-$3.00) at shell; $3.39 for premium.

9. KenRose

KenRose Senior Member

who gives a shit about gas, I'm waiting to hear about the black chick.....opps. Wrong thread!

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Stylish Dinosaur

I just did a check and in NJ it's $3.29 for Premium at the gas station I usually stop at on the way to and from my hometown. Too bad gas prices on I-95 are highway robbery....

11. Desi

Desi Distinguished Member

Dafuq! Baltimore is 3.29 for regular.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

10$+ in Europe

13. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah... Premium is anywhere from $4.15 to $4.50 here in NYC, which is why I get my gas in NJ or elsewhere when I can.

It wasn't too bad when I was driving in Ireland. Drove a Volvo XC60 (4 adults with a TON of luggage) Diesel and the fuel cost ended up being around €60 to fill up after driving clear across Ireland and back to Dublin.

14. GreenFrog

Goddamn the cls63 amg is so fucking hot. :inlove:

Ran into another one today.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

Diesel and cars with great fuel economy are great.

I love them, if I lived somewhere warmer, where white cars don't look like shit, I would have something likes this one, sans ugly bodykit.

[​IMG]