Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

It's a small car so what do you expect. That said, my biggest gripe against the Cayman was how claustrophobic I felt when I sat in it, which is why I pretty much gave up on that idea and shifted focus to the 991, so hopefully the F-Type isn't that bad.

And on the topic of Rover, my last car was a Range Rover Sport and if you have experience with those, you'll know that they have one of the best driving positions of any vehicle out there (in terms of visibility, etc), so coming from that into a small sports car is a big adjustment.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be in my mid-to-late 20's and considering a Jaguar. How do they lease? On the Jaguar USA site, I'm seeing $800/month with $5k down for a base model and you have to pay for excess wear & tear. Not great but not terrible. In Canada, this means $1,200 with $10k down though :brick:

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I'm a bit in both ends of the spectrum, I really like James Maying a small city car round town, but there's also something about driving a powerful car and knowing, it's there if you need it.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I never seriously looked into leasing a Jag but they have a reputation for being depreciation machines so that's going to cost you. Depends how badly Tata is willing to support the residual (Jag did get bought by Tata, no?)

Personally, I never put extra money down to lower the cap cost. I do that strictly through dealer negotiation.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

i dont understand jaguar, they used to make beautiful luxury cars one would see driving through bel air on sunset blvd in the 90s but then they turned GT maker? their purpose just seems so confused to me

all i know is I would never buy one

6. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

They were always GT, they got side-tracked into Lux-barges. Going all the way back to E Types, XJ200, XK120. I think the distraction came when they merged/acquired/got bought by Daimler who were more super-saloon makers.

7. SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty Senior member

That was a long time before Jag's recent transformation from British luxe Bentley-juniour (think 90s-00s VDP) to the current less (but still sorta) soft touring machine.

It's really too bad that their depreciation is so horendous. I liked the XJ SC more than my B7 and the XFR(S) drives like a great alternative to the M5. The main problem is that I'm just not willing to be the guy to take the hit (or over-pay on my lease to support the super-low residuals).

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Agree on both counts. Unfortunately, being self-employed it would be foolish for me to do anything but lease. I guess I'm relegated to BMW or Porsche lol

9. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

It looks like a car for someone who can't make up their mind between a Maserati or Aston.

10. A Y

A Y Senior member

I'd get the sport seat plus with the extra side bolsters unless you're wider, in which case, just get the normal sport seats. The seats are shared with the 911, so you should be able to find one to try out. Porsche claims heating and ventilation can be applied to any seat. Do you need heated seats for LA?

Without PTV, you have an open diff. The 987 Caymans all had open diffs, and they were OK. PTV adds a locking diff as well as yaw control with differential braking, which is claimed to make the Cayman more maneuverable. If it was my car, I'd get it. The maintenance might be a bit different because locking diffs usually need different additives in their oil, and the brakes might wear out sooner if the system is activating all the time.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Love heated seats at night, still gets cold as fuck at night plus I'm always out so ya.

I'll check out the seats, diff sounds interesting will do more research thanks.

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Blah. The current Vantage has been out for almost 10 years now (released in 04 as MY05) and the non-MC Stradale Maserati GT's have a hideous, underwhelming rear end.

That said, I wouldn't say no to either.

13. KenRose

KenRose Senior member

lol; that's exactly me! All I know is that PCNA will never get another penny from me for life until they make right dropping the price of my car by $10K after they promised they'd never do that.

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

LOL that's not a vette

my god do not look at the interior

edit - holy shit look at the exhaust!!!!! man this gets better and better