• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

epb

Reaction score

He sold his GT3RS 4.0 for the 599. Said something along the lines of he missed driving them since Ferrari blacklisted him. 

Me, I would have kept the GT3RS 4.0. Only 599 exception being a GTO. 

I'd have kept the Porsche too, but as much as Harris loves Porsches, he doesn't keep anything very long, despite being a reviewer and getting a steady diet of new metal for free. I'm impressed he's off the Ferrari blacklist, even though he's worked at getting back in their good graces (somewhat - he's bought two Ferraris since and praised them, but he's still been critical of their antics).

Ferrari also juices their review cars and dictates the crap out of what the review will look like. Frankly, the reviews are absolute garbage.

This is why Harris was banned. Other writers have mentioned their tweaking of cars in comparos in passing, but he wrote an entire article (for Jalopnik) criticizing them for the practice.

Tiff Needell was banned for about a decade, but he was pretty unrepentant. And I think he did something to mildly tick them off on his first review. It was a while back, but he was at a launch and got the last car available in the ugliest color. :)

Last edited:

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ferrari also juices their review cars and dictates the crap out of what the review will look like. Frankly, the reviews are absolute garbage.

This is what caused the whole tiff between Ferrari and Chris Harris in the first place; Harris wrote a big piece on Jalopnik calling out Ferrari on these tactics.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can watch the latest season of Top Gear on the internet?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just watched the f40 f50 vid so good

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is there an exotic or near-exotic that doesn't have that kind of maintenance cost? I've owned a few Porsche's in my day, but never the higher-end stuff, I assume they are reasonable to keep? What about the R8 - I assume that Lambo engine is not exactly the poster child for low maintenance...

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So is there an exotic or near-exotic that doesn't have that kind of maintenance cost? I've owned a few Porsche's in my day, but never the higher-end stuff, I assume they are reasonable to keep? What about the R8 - I assume that Lambo engine is not exactly the poster child for low maintenance...

Any 2012 and newer Ferrari. Complimentary maintenance for 7 years. They're absolutely not low-maintenance, but at least you're not paying any extra for it

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd really be interested to know what that Ferrari offer does for their bottom line--how much it increases sales, how much it costs them to do maintenance on all these cars now, etc.

KenRose

Reaction score
it would be interesting....considering they limit production to be far less then demand for their cars. Logic would be that they don't make much on it, I'll bet they could offer the car without the service at the same price and sell just as many.
I'd really be interested to know what that Ferrari offer does for their bottom line--how much it increases sales, how much it costs them to do maintenance on all these cars now, etc.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is more to do with long term branding. They are saddled with a reputation that says the cars are delicate flowers, in need of constant care. By offering the 7 year warranty they are trying to make be people more brand confident. I suppose they are going after the MB AMG customer, who wants German engineering in their super car.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads