1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Heh, I am super excited about the Ocean Drive or whatever they call it - a full size convertible for cruising around sounds perfect.

2. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Although then I saw this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3. jet

jet Senior member

this guy's 15 mins away from me maybe i should see if i can drive it :lol:

4. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

That thing is pretty cool. Reminds me of my friends' mantra when he "redecorates" his home: It's not done until it's overdone ...

I want those headers. They make beautiful music.

5. horndog

horndog Senior member

A T-56 manual transmission (GM) mated to a 1UZ-FE (Toyota) is pretty sweet. The 1UZ was automatic transmission only, and so you have to custom build an adapter plate to get it to mate to a stick. Typically, people do R154 trannies (also Toyota). Never heard of a T56 swap which is a muuuuch better trans.

Later in life I want to make a 1UZ Supra track car that's more or less got this guy's setup:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Saw an clean debadged M3 on the 605 south today, looks like it was just detailed. Only markings were the license plate: 007.

Tacky? Possibly. But still pretty cool.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

You guys hear about the new Tesla P85D -- their AWD version of the P85?

0-60 in 3.2 seconds AND it's more efficient than the standard RWD model.

Impressive shit.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

If they just did a full size, AWD SUV with a 500 mile range I would be all over it.

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Front page of CNN a few hours ago.

Question, as this is a cars thread - is all gas more or less equal? Meaning, is Arco 91 equivalent to Chevron 91 is the same as Shell 91?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  10. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

Just? That's kind of a big ask. That's like saying: if Ferrari would just charge $100k for a 458, I would be all over it.

One of my really good friends just picked up a P85+ last week, I wonder if he would have gotten a D had he known. He had been contemplating an E550 and was drawn to it because of the v8 going away next year, but one drive in the Tesla and decided there was no other option. Read an article recently talking about MB's corporate fuel economy issue. Their product mix is weighted too heavily toward inefficient cars which is why they're downsizing and turbo-ing all of their engines.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Yeah, my guy at MB has been saying that repeatedly and that's why the 450 got neutered. As I told him, "That's a Mercedes problem, not a me problem." I was just thinking this morning I should have bought a 2014 and chipped it. Hind sight is 20/20.

I'm going to drive a BMW X5 this weekend. Fugly, not big enough, and interior was too spartan last time I drove one. As I'm going to be pissed off no matter what I get I might as well look at getting a fast one that handles well.

Just called Infiniti. Fuck their numbers suck. 52% residual on 36 month/15k for the QX80.

Edit: Caddy is 57% residual and .0015. Not sure I can drive a Caddy but that's competitive at least with MB.

MB must know it's shit the bed. By far the best lease terms going.

12. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

you and GreenFrog can touch your penises together and embrace the BMW brotherhood.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Well, that kills that.

1 person likes this.
  14. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

P85D is flat out amazing. Even the ridiculous automation features are amazing, like parking itself in the garage, etc.

If I was another luxury brand, I'd really start sweating now. Tesla doesn't have the interior quality to match, but the rest of the pieces are lining up quite nicely.

15. UnFacconable

How could anyone call the X5 fugly and even consider the QX80 which might be the ugliest car on the road (this assumes there are no Pontiac Azteks left). The QX80 looks like a Rhino with down's syndrome. I guess I could understand preferring the GL to the X5, although I personally think the GL is ungainly and will benefit from the redesign which will make it look more like the ML. The QX though is unredeemable.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

The QX80 is most certainly the fugliest and I've said here before it's fugly. Doesn't mean the X5 isn't fugly too. Just called the BMW dealership and they jacked me around on the phone and would not give me the residual or MF so fuck them anyways.

Goddammit I'm going to end up with a shitty 450 and a great deal or a great 550 and shitty deal.

1 person likes this.
  17. UnFacconable

Took my BMW in for service today. Amazing how little differentiation there is in interior quality between their cheapest and most expensive car. Sitting in a $120k 650 gran coupe didn't feel or look much different from a 320i. They added a $10k dealer markup on the 650 as well. Given how many more Teslas I see on the streets I can't believe anyone would be paying a premium for the 6 gran coupes.

I know Tesla's interior quality isn't market leading but it's still more special than any BMW sedan I've seen. Audi and Mercedes are world's better. In fact I think I prefer the new C class interior to anything I sat in at the BMW showroom.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Well, a morning wasted on the Yukon Denali and Caddy Escalade. They both are very comfy, roomy, have great rides, and handle as well as you can expect a truck with a high center of gravity to handle. Tried to write a deal on an Escalade. What a fucking joke. SA went on and on about how aggressive the pricing is, it's a "no haggle" shop, the number I come back with is the number. Long story short all kinds of figures on the top half of the lease deal hand written, telling me I'm getting this discounted and that discounted, but typed into the "Net Cap Cost" was a number that was exactly $405 off MSRP. The residual was 57%, which isn't bad, but the money factor works out to about 7.5% interest! WTF, are Caddy drivers not credit worthy?

So complete waste of time.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  19. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

That's a very popular model in the middle east... It's based on the Nissan Patrol which I think looks better. Not sure if the US has that but if it does it's better looking and has th exact same interior and you save some major money. For me that Infinity looks like a big yacht.

20. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I wasted my time with Caddy a month ago test driving the Escalade. The one I drove had an awful vibration that the dealer attributed to tire flat spots, but the Caddy forum had several owners reporting replaced differentials because of the same problem, among other issues. The SA and general manager were nice and all, but haven't bothered to follow up with me since then. Good thing because I'm sticking with MB.