• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lexus drives like a sewing machine. i'd esily get an m5 or even m3 but sadly i associate bmw drivers with 328 and 323 drivers who think they are boy racers but have 200 something horses

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's a shame that your narrow-mindedness is preventing you from driving some really excellent cars.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
try living where i do, there's a 323, 328 or 335 in every other driveway.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

try living where i do, there's a 323, 328 or 335 in every other driveway.

Yeah, 300 series drivers tend to be problematic. If I'm pulling up to a stop light and there are two cars at the light I'll get behind a 20 year old Subaru before I get behind a new 300 series. They always seem to think they're driving F1 cars and are deathly afraid of the "power" so drive like grandmothers.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lexus drives like a sewing machine. i'd esily get an m5 or even m3 but sadly i associate bmw drivers with 328 and 323 drivers who think they are boy racers but have 200 something horses

So, get an M3!

Those people are a blight on the brand. Seems like every ******* ricer from the early 2000's got a pay raise and bought these cars. M3's are starting to get cheap enough so these guys are starting to get into them FFS

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The E60 M5 depreciating like a rock is what allowed me to afford it :p.

Also, the evidence is in! BMW drivers are asshoals:

Drivers of BMWs frequently come in for anecdotal criticism for habits on the road that are perceived as aggressive.

Now, a couple of studies, one in the U.S. and another from the U.K., appear to provide statistical evidence that BMW drivers are, to be polite about it, complete jerks.

In the older study, by researchers at the University of California, BMW drivers were far less likely to stop for a pedestrian who had just entered a crosswalk, the New York Times notes.

“In our crosswalk study, none of the cars in the beater-car category drove through the crosswalk. They always stopped for pedestrians," researcher Paul K. Piff told the paper. He added that not only were "fancy cars were less likely to stop," but also that "BMW drivers were the worst."

Drivers of BMWs and other high-status cars (including Prius hybrids) were also more likely to cheat at four-way-stop intersections, according to the research.

In the second study, in the U.K., motorists were asked to identify the make and color of the car from which they have most frequently suffered road-rage incidents, the Daily Mail reports.

The study of 2,837 motorists found men between the ages of 35 and 50 driving blue BMWs were most likely to be reported as having engaged in road-rage behaviors such as aggressive driving and swearing.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/bmw-drivers-really-are-jerks--studies-find-214456020.html

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those people are a blight on the brand. Seems like every ******* ricer from the early 2000's got a pay raise and bought these cars. M3's are starting to get cheap enough so these guys are starting to get into them FFS

Wait, weren't you a ricer back in the day?!

And you obviously have tasted some success in the corporate world since then, and now you drive an M3, among other cars.

:nest:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the 335? I would love to own one.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What's wrong with the 335? I would love to own one.

Nothing's wrong with the car itself (except for the earliest models, which had lot's of problems with the HPFP). It's just that a lot of people drive them now, so it's not exclusive, which can irk some people.

I still think the 335is is an amazing car (except for the price tag brand new; not worth it at that point). I'd love to pick up a used one with a manual transmission someday.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wait, weren't you a ricer back in the day?!

And you obviously have tasted some success in the corporate world since then, and now you drive an M3, among other cars.

:nest:

ain't gonna lie, i owned two Honda Civics. didn't modify them though. :satisfied:

xpress

Reaction score

Nothing's wrong with the car itself (except for the earliest models, which had lot's of problems with the HPFP). It's just that a lot of people drive them now, so it's not exclusive, which can irk some people.

I still think the 335is is an amazing car (except for the price tag brand new; not worth it at that point). I'd love to pick up a used one with a manual transmission someday.

My business partner has a 335IS.

After many track days, canyon drives, etc, I like it better as much as the M3.

But, 1M > all for driving experience.

SomethingWitty

Reaction score
Quote:
The E60 (and E63 M6s) are depreciating like rocks because of the SMG transmissions and people generally being afraid of something catastrophic happening... Hope you had yours checked out thoroughly before you bought, or better yet, got it CPO'd... It's unfortunate, because they're awesome cars otherwise. Not likely going to see a production BMW like that again. And the noise of that V10... Oh the noise!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quote:
The E60 (and E63 M6s) are depreciating like rocks because of the SMG transmissions and people generally being afraid of something catastrophic happening... Hope you had yours checked out thoroughly before you bought, or better yet, got it CPO'd... It's unfortunate, because they're awesome cars otherwise. Not likely going to see a production BMW like that again. And the noise of that V10... Oh the noise!
Yep, my car is CPO'ed, but ill most likely be selling it within half a year or so. You're absolutely right tho, never gonna see a V10 bimmer again. If I'm correct, the E60 M5 has the only production V10 BMW has ever made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics