Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Would be nice to have all black shadowline trim as I don't care much for satin but the porsche trim is nice, not shiny and cheap looking. Keep the calipers red as it's tradition and don't do tan. Do away with the red seat belts and maybe get red seat/dash stitching instead.

Basalt is a great color.

2. A Y

A Y Senior member

Keep it stock, except for the red seatbelts and red dials. Those things are stupid.

I don't think you can change the color of the calipers without changing the actual kind of calipers or your engine (generally, base engine = grey, S or turbo engine = red, and carbon ceramic brakes are yellow).

Tan is my favorite interior color, but if you get it, you will need to change the wood/metal/plastic trim color, too. Having said all that, I'm not sure how much they will let you change one of their special design packages though. If it were me, I'd just custom order one the way I want it.

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I'd love to have them debadge the whole exterior, not sure if they would do that. I'm not a fan of black seats though but do hat the matchy red seat belts. I saw one that looked like it was PVD'd. I am assuming that is aftermarket, not Porsche. Also not 100% sure that I could live with such a matte finish like PVD but it did look cool.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

It used to be you could order the car badgeless, porsche is pretty liberal with the options choices.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Don't get tan interior if you like a clean car, you'll hate yourself.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Why? My car is black and my interior is tan.

For me, I cannot stand gray interiors.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

So either you're detailing that shit every 3 months, or you're ok with it looking terrible

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

My interior looks great with very little effort, its not perfection, but I my car is clean and the leather looks great. Maybe you have a different experience. This is my first tan interior. My last 2 cars, it was black.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

gotta agree with hroi tan is the worst, love black interiors

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  11. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I was given a Fiat 500 as a rental. I like it.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Second or third.

1. Grey.
    2. White
    3. Tan/creme.
    4. MB CLS Aubergine.
    5. Chocolate.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Black interiors are awesome on really hot days when your car has been in the sun.

14. razl

razl Senior member

+1, particularly here in FL. Any dark colored interior is a deal breaker for me here. And a friend of mine who does have a black leather interior? He loves it at night, hates-to-borderline-wants-to-commit-suicide over it during the day for 8 months of the year.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I live in FL and have two cars with black interior. My third car is tan interior. I even owned two Touaregs previously, one with tan, one with black interior. I'm not convinced that black interiors are a lot hotter than tans - if the car's been out in the sun, it's fucking hot no matter what color it is.

Someone ought to do an experiment to actually test this theory - I'd think it's pretty simple to set up. Identical cars except for interior, park them next to each other, put thermometers in the same place in both.

Tan (or sand or beige) is hard to keep pristine - the parts where you touch it get darker over time (that's dirt, not patina :lol: ) even if you are careful and never stain it. Even if you think yours is nice looking, have it professionally detailed and you'll be surprised at the difference