1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. epb

epb Senior Member

I'd say the first sentence I bolded answers the second. Few people like driving, which is why few people are good at it. But if you do enjoy it, spending extra for a BMW or similar makes perfect sense, because unlike a lot of the people driving high-end brands you can actually appreciate it. It's no different than a wine enthusiast passing on the cheap stuff, or someone from SF bypassing Mens Wearhouse.

2. gort

gort Distinguished Member

His first car is going to be an A6? What year?

3. CBrown85

CBrown85 Distinguished Member

That's pretty generous. Not sure I'd sleep at night knowing a young person had that much power under the hood.

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

The A6 has what, like 300 HP with the 3.2 liter engine? It's heavy as fuck too.

Not the most dangerous car to have.

Lucky kid, though. I hope he appreciates it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

5. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Distinguished Member

Anyone else watch How It's Made on science channel? They are doing a bunch of shows now on cars which are quite interesting. Just watched the Aventador episode. Lots of handwork in putting together the monocoque. Also of interest, and relevant to the carbon fiber discussion from earlier this summer, Lamborghini has some guys they call "flying doctors" that they send around to fix damage to the chassis. Long story short they do the same thing that guys do with bikes. They showed a few different size repairs but they weren't repairing chassis with catastrophic damage.

It's a great series and they have a bunch of other cars too - RR Phantom, 911, FF, quattroporte and R8. Something for just about everyone. Sorry Douglas, no minivans. No e46 for GreenFrog and no GL for Pio.

6. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior Member

7. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

The one good thing about minivans is that they are most suited to bangbus type activities. Of course, it's your kids that will be having this, not you

8. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Stylish Dinosaur

I'm surprised no one has started masturbating to the new BMW M4 pics that have been flying all over the internet. Though that yellow color is probably flurging everyone.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

9. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

4-series? Jesus, I'm confused. When a mid-30s 3-series driver who's owned 3 of your cars is confused about the proliferation of your lines, maybe you're fucking up. Or maybe I'm just out of touch, who knows.

What is it? Does it just replace the 3-coupes?

:puzzled:

10. aravenel

aravenel Distinguished Member

BMW does seem to have decided to fill in all the numbers between 0 and 9.

That said, the M4 does look pretty awesome.

11. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

It's not just confusing, it's dumb and annoying.

Especially the M. The original M3 was a coupe. You spend 25 years building a brand that represents arguably the best 4-seat sports coupe of all time...then arbitrarily decide to piss that all away and change the name to something everyone already knows as a military carbine

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

Blame Audi and their model naming convention.

BMW copied them, much to everyone's dismay.

M4 just doesn't sound right :brick:.

13. rocks

rocks Senior Member

The glory days are over for BMW fans, almost every other car maker has caught up and surpassed them in almost every category except perhaps sales. Their new cars doesn't appeal to me anymore. It is certainly sad when Lexus now makes a better drivers car than the 3 and 5 series, who would have thought such a revelation would come to fruition. Looks like my next ride will be a Lexus after-all, well if I can adopt to an automatic......

PS. M4 is fitting for a car that has lost its roots, M3 is NA, should just call the Sedan M4 as well...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

If they make that Lexus LF-LC coupe anywhere close to the concept (particularly the rear 3/4) I'm going to be very interested. Haven't been interested in a Japanese car for years, but that one is stunning in the rear quarter and side profile.

15. Desi

Desi Distinguished Member

hhnnnnnnggg! Just can't stop, won't stop.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]