1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I have seen M6's lower than that.

The Audi's seem rarer and therefore hold their value better, I've never liked the A7 until recently, where I started liking the S/RS models.

2. Turner

Turner Senior member

It was just a quick search, nothing serious. Regarding the rarity, there are about 40 M6 Gran Coupe, 60 CLS63 and 50 RS7 available at that site. And in general, I see the current generations of Audi S/RS or AMG models more often than the M's. Especially the Audi SQ 5 TDI is so often at the streets, I am starting to think that Audi gave the early customers a free engine upgrade ;-). (Yes, I know, the S-Models are more in line with the 35i/40d or 35d/40d in terms of price and performance).

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The sq5 is a different beast, it's cheaper and a diesel, I looked on mobile the other day and there was less audis than the other two.

I'm yet to see one of the rs's in the street.

4. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Ah, yes. Likely because it was designed by the masters. Spada and Mays. I did like Bangle a lot as well. Love or hate him, at least he made for a good discussion and was not bland.

Mike

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Has anyone had to pay for gas on their loaners? I understand the idea because I'd be using my own gas if I wasn't in the loaner, but then my car should come back exactly where it started... What are everyone's thoughts?

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Full out, full in is the rule here

7. horndog

horndog Senior member

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Really? You're worried about gas in a loaner?

9. jet

jet Senior member

Such a sad state when I have to learn to live with a design rather than be excited for it re: m4. Going to try and test drive it and the cayman s this week.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I like the M4 styling wise it's years ahead of the c63 and RS5.

The new generation of BMWs aren't ugly, they are just more German and easier for everyone to like, a lot of the styling reminds me if the E39.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  11. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I prefer MB styling currently, even with the snouty grills and oversized stars.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I do the same for your Mom.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

She would beat the shit out if you if you tried.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

in b4 gomestar vacuum cleaner comment

15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

insert vacuum cleaner comment

16. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Jeff is one of the all around cool car guys and fantastic at his "day job" as well (He did the Panamera "Familiy Tree" launch campaign.)

[​IMG]

His vintage Porsche collection is fantastic and I absolutely love this.

[​IMG]

17. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

If I drive it a lot, then I usually fill the tank before returning it. Not required to do it, but I usually do.

18. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

okay, so my painter has this Porsche 928 growing weeds behind his shop. and i drive past it on the way to work. got me thinking.............. if i actually wanted to ask about it, what flaws should i be worried about? do they have issues?

found a MINTY FRESH mid 1980's 300zx twin turbo . which is looking more tempting, as i know it well. but the porsche? gift for the wife? after the kid grows a bit?? would you give your wife one?

or just go with a Nissan on BBS basketweave rims and fresh white paint? planning something to say thanks, a bit down the line..

19. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

New Cayman S looks great if you get the right packages on it. Wheels make a big difference on that thing.

20. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

You are not serious here, correct? You are pulling our legs, right? Just checking on your 928 comments ... If not, simply google "928 restoration and maintenance" and ... run ... If you are seriously looking for advice then, just ask again.