1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

It is called a detail. All boogers taken care of.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Accounting wise that makes no sense but sounds like you're getting a good deal. Go for it.

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

the all road is gorgeous in volcano red, wish it didn't have such a pussy engine

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Don't you guys get the 3.0tdi in it?

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

That car should come in 3.0 tdi and maybe 3.0 tfsi and thats it.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

M5 may no longer be in my possession soon.

Guy who referred me to the lax inspection shop is really interested in my car.

Thinking about selling it really pains me but the warranty just expired and it's just such a pain to own in Boston. Roads here are BEYOND shitty with the pot holes and parking is next to impossible.

If I sell it I may just buy a motorcycle.

That or an e46 m3 or 135i.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  8. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

eeeeesh stay away from the 135i it's an aspirational vehicle for those who dream of owning a BMW. Cramped, bad lines, and gives up in the handling department. I wouldn't even bother testing it.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I agree it doesn't look the best but it's small and reviews I've read say that it drives and handles pretty well.

If I had to pick, though, will probably lean towards the e46. I miss cranking the ignition :eek:

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

Also, a clean E46 M3 should hold up, if not increase, in value pretty well in the coming years.

11. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Well, you have to hold on a very, very long time for that to happen. Took the E30 over 25 years to come into it's own right. Prices for those, among other things, are also driven by scarcity: E30: 16k built, E46: 86k built, so I would not hold my breath on any value increase anytime soon.

Simply decide by fun of driving. What about the 1M if you go for the 135, you might as well go for that if you can find a good one.

Mike

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I could definitely see a clean, unmolested E46 M3 maintaining its value in the coming years.

That said, Greenfrog, you must really hate your bank account. Not that I care what another man spends his money on, but having grown up with a brother who owned an E46 M3, I can tell you first hand just how expensive they are to maintain. Inspection I/II, brake rotor replacement, tires... it adds up, and it adds up to a LOT. And this is just routine maintenance.

Do yourself a favour and lease an M235i or a 428 or something and call it a day.

13. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Heh, the current RWD 1 series is the only car in their stable that is remotely like the legendary BMWs of the old days (E30, E28, etc). Everything else they sell is now solidly aimed at aspirational middle/upper class housewives.

3 people like this.
  14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I really like(d) the look of the old 135 coupe.

1 person likes this.
  15. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

^ Amen to that, akatsuki. I quite like the i8 though, too. That and the 1/2 (Damn the new numbering system) would be the only BMWs I'd consider

16. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

We have a 2009 BMW 128i. It was my wife's graduation present form her parents. Only issue we have ever had was the fuel pump going out at 7K miles and BMW keeping the care for over a month. We had a wide range of loaners over that period from a 328 to a 5-series to something else...maybe another 3 series. Also they bought the tire package and my wife got the money out of that having to replace 5 tires due to nails.

17. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Decided to delay the Tesla order a bit since I think I want AWD and the new seats that are supposedly under development.

Need to decide on a bridge vehicle for a year or so, may do a lease assumption - anyone do one of these?

18. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Picked up my new ride today - 428i with x-drive, melbourne red metallic, luxury, premium, technology, cold weather and driver assist packs

2 people like this.
  19. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Cool thx for the pics bro

1 person likes this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Yeah, pics or it didn't happen.