1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I was referring to the Adv1's

[​IMG]

3. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Ah yes, saw those. One of the photo shoots which swayed my decision. They look fantastic.

4. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Those SQ5's are nice.

Oh - I've seen a few Macan's lately. What a sharp looking vehicle, especially with the optional 20" wheels. I have a feeling these things will be everywhere in a few months.

5. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

These look tempting......... looking for a car for Mrs 38R at the end of the year. she would like these.

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

There's a BMW X4 now?

7. Viral

Viral Senior member

Yep...........you'd be hard pressed to get more car for the money. They look nice too!

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Jet showing off his drifting skills to Piobaire on the track:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Getting a new 14' E350 at $10K off. Most floor models have 4Matic. Dealer says it's "required" for east coast weather (NYC). I see that it adds 200 lbs to the car. What are your opinions on 4Matic? I usually lean against this kind of stuff for sedans.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I leaned against awd for sedans, too, until this past brutal winter; my MB got stuck three times. I had a loaner with 4matic during one of the snow storms, and it performed well. 4matic will be a must-have feature for my next sedan.

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I prefer winter tires to AWD because winter tires will help you accelerate, steer, and brake whereas AWD helps you accelerate but does not help you brake or steer (there's some steering advantage with AWD in certain circumstances, but not ones that the average street driver is likely to experience). Of course, there's nothing stopping you from using both AWD and winter tires, but since you pointed out the extra weight of the AWD system, it seems that is a priority for you. AWD is also an extra cost and an extra thing that can break although 4Matic seems to be pretty reliable.

12. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I run blizzaks in the winter and last winter was real tough. One " problem" with winter tires are that they break faster than other cars. I got rear ended last winter. :(

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I ran winter tires, too, but still got stuck going uphill twice and on a slight incline once, which happened to be my own driveway. AWD would have kept me moving forward. Last winter was extremely bad, and hopefully we won't see that again anytime soon, but I've decided to go 4matic for my next sedan just in case. MB now equipping AMG's with 4matic also factored into the decision.

1 person likes this.
  14. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Just ordered a Tesla... now the wait begins.

2 people like this.
  15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

P85, I hope?! :bounce2:

16. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

Nice. Soon you'll have the Tesla Grin. Welcome to the bay area. :slayer:

One piece of unsolicited advice in case it's helpful - Teslas have really soft paint so they scratch when you look at them and they come out of the factory with inconsistent clearcoat and lots of finish problems. A lot of people recommend getting something like opticoat to protect the finish. My new car likewise has pretty soft paint so I had it opticoated and it seems to work although it's not foolproof (e.g. if you don't wash your car for months, as is my wont, sap and bird goo, etc. will still etch into your finish). It also won't protect against stone chips either. I can PM you the 2 guys who are reputed to be the best in the Bay Area in case it's helpful (I went to one of them and he was great - I think he has worked on more Teslas than anyone else).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  17. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

When will the madness end?

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

When they launch x2 and x7.

1 person likes this.
  19. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

So details are:

• P85 Pearl White (may switch to Red)
    • Grey leather interior, matte obeche wood
    • Delete spoiler
    • Tech package
    • Air suspension
    • Panorama roof
    • 19" stock wheels
    • Rear seats for the kids
    • Parking sensors and

After delivery

• Get body armor (would appreciate the referral UnF)
    • IR shielding of windows
    • Maybe wrap the nose cone to be matte or something
    • Consider aftermarket Reus sound installation

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Congrats on the Tesla. Interested in hearing about the upcharges on battery and charging options. I mildly researched one and it seems if you have a daily trip of 40 miles or so you need to spend cash on an upgraded charger and/or bigger batteries as a default overnight charger would not top your charge off?