Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Weird? I think bronze looks phenomenal on new cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That said, I do think this interior is a little too "out there"

[​IMG]

2. sonick

sonick Senior member

The dark brown/bronze trend hit it's peak about 1.5 years ago but seems to be on the tail end of popularity.

I've been noticing a lot of metallic royal/imperial blues on new vehicles recently, not sure if it's just me or a sign of things to come.

The last time this topic was discussed, I remember reading about a member on here who was on some board of color professionals where they would predict and analyze color trends in the marketplace, it was pretty interesting.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

3. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Do Alfas honestly have reliability issues, or is it just a myth perpetuated by trolls?

4. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

Until you leave the dealer, no.

Seriously, from what I read, the ones from the 50s and 60s were very prone to rust and until the 80s they are known to have big realiability issues. But if you are a bit mechanically inclined and feel like starting an Alfa project, they will bring you a lot of joy.

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't think the trend is that far down the life cycle yet, most brands like BMW are still branding new cars in brown, which should be a clue, just see the white trend.

Blue and red have come back in a big way, I love the blues.

No, it's very true and they depreciate like a stone, the only good ones should be the new ones Mito & Guiletta.

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I saw a beautiful dark blue gc last week while I was away. The car was stopped at a light at the intersection I was about to cross. It really stood out among the other cars waiting at the light. Instead of crossing, I just stood there admiring it.

7. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Bought a used 328i. Came with some garish ass limousine tint that I want to remove, but I'm finding it incredibly useful when I'm baking in the Socal sun.. WHAT2DO?!?!?!?!

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

What do you mean by "garish?" That's it is very dark? If you're looking for sunblocking but not a super dark tint my latest car came with a coating on all windows, including the windshield, that does not let the infra-red spectrum through. It makes a marked difference in the sun heating up my car so maybe you can get that aftermarket and have the old tint removed?

It works so well that the RFID box that opens the gate to my house will not work through it. The factory left two small non-coated areas that you place your RFID box by.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013

9. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Garish not the right word; but it's a white car, so a 10% tint (so black you can't see at all inside) looks especially gaudy. That sounds like a great idea though, I'll look into it.. Wonder how much it'd run.

10. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

Concerned- you've got a white car, how hot can it be? I lived in SoCal for most of my life and had black on black or navy blue untinted cars. Tints are heinously ugly and dated, you need to ditch it and suck it up!

11. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

I agree 1000%

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Can't stand tint and 80% of the cars have it, shit looks dumb as fuck. Yes let me decrease my visibility at night.

13. Desi

Desi Senior member

Wow never seen this much backlash to tints. I don't have any but always enjoyed it

14. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

That's a good analysis. Probably no one would buy an actual "ultimate driving machine". To me it seems like the E82 135i is the closest you can get to this. But then for the price of a used one you can get an E46 M3 with low mileage...