1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

The 'do it all' is the common choice; witness the proliferation of M3s and their ilk. It is a compromise, though, and a frustrating one. I went with the former route and drive a used Pontiac Grand Am as my daily (my father has one that is over 250k miles and still going strong, so I figured what the heck), and picked up my M Coupe for fun (was trying for a Lotus Exige S, but that was a tad out of my price range 4 years out of college with loans). But I like specialization, and would have felt compromising keenly, and also would have not wanted to DD my 'nice' car. The M Coupe already has a frustratingly high number of stone dings with less than 20k miles put on it.

~ H

2. Hampton

Hampton Distinguished Member

3 days of driving the Cayenne S, fuel total of = $250.

Still love the car :)

3. poorsod

poorsod Distinguished Member

I thought you already had your answer.

4. Superfluous

Superfluous Distinguished Member

Recently got this big baby.

BMW 640

[​IMG]

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

I like the one car gt do it all concept, the abuse is frustrating unless you have a true collector car. Cars are meant to be driven and I'm sticking with it unless we're talking gt3 concept which I would still drive the fuck out of just not every day.

Think I might pick up a 6 gran coupe next year and to be honest I think the sport body kit looks better than the M6GC (though I prefer the engine obviously).

6. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

We're in agreement on this. I believe in driving my cars anywhere and everywhere possible. I like luxury and high performance so a car that fits both criteria works well for me.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

I just don't like the idea of putting junk miles on a good car - not the service requirements or anything, just that I don't like too much wear and tear for such unimportant drives. The 6GC is beautiful, best BMW made in the past decade. I actually prefer the standard non-M sport kit on that car as the venting on the front bumper is lower visually, and the rear M-sport bumper is rather ugly IMO. I feel like the M-sport kit isn't detailed enough for bodywork that is quite intricate - the standard bumpers are just the right balance.

8. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

drove the F-type S and V8 yesterday. V8 will most likely be the next car unless I can swing a used bull.

my top 3 most beautiful cars sold today, non exotic, are:
    F type
    6GC
    RS5

9. Hampton

Love it. I had the 745 and wanted to change to a 645 or a 650. But changed my mind and went for a SUV.

What year is this?

10. gort

gort Distinguished Member

Anxious to see what car maker is the first to release the IOS integration. Will be in the market for a new car by then.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

I doubt the regular 6 or GC will be collectible, so I wouldn't care to be honest and BMW has a good residual value, so....

I'm the exact opposite, I find the stock bumpers bland and not aggressive enough.

Beautiful.

What color?

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

The "one vehicle does it all" is why I'll probably never get out of an SUV.

13. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

?:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013

14. Hampton

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

hampton is the new green frog

don't think we need more pics of a base cayenne bro but congrats

re: the mileage thing, they're not junk miles if you've enjoyed driving them

gc is one of the few cars bmw makes that looks good in both stock and m trim, i'd be content with this but not the color and shadowline

[​IMG]