• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 days of driving the Cayenne S, fuel total of = $250.

Still love the car :)

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Passed by this while walking to my apartment for lunch:

Want.

I keep flip flopping on the idea of having a sensible daily driver and then an impractical but sporty weekend/track car vs the "do it all" car that is both fast and agile as well as luxurious and practical.

What say you all?

I thought you already had your answer.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like the one car gt do it all concept, the abuse is frustrating unless you have a true collector car. Cars are meant to be driven and I'm sticking with it unless we're talking gt3 concept which I would still drive the **** out of just not every day.

Think I might pick up a 6 gran coupe next year and to be honest I think the sport body kit looks better than the M6GC (though I prefer the engine obviously).

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like the one car gt do it all concept, the abuse is frustrating unless you have a true collector car. Cars are meant to be driven and I'm sticking with it unless we're talking gt3 concept which I would still drive the **** out of just not every day.

Think I might pick up a 6 gran coupe next year and to be honest I think the sport body kit looks better than the M6GC (though I prefer the engine obviously).
We're in agreement on this. I believe in driving my cars anywhere and everywhere possible. I like luxury and high performance so a car that fits both criteria works well for me.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just don't like the idea of putting junk miles on a good car - not the service requirements or anything, just that I don't like too much wear and tear for such unimportant drives. The 6GC is beautiful, best BMW made in the past decade. I actually prefer the standard non-M sport kit on that car as the venting on the front bumper is lower visually, and the rear M-sport bumper is rather ugly IMO. I feel like the M-sport kit isn't detailed enough for bodywork that is quite intricate - the standard bumpers are just the right balance.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
drove the F-type S and V8 yesterday. V8 will most likely be the next car unless I can swing a used bull.

my top 3 most beautiful cars sold today, non exotic, are:
F type
6GC
RS5

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anxious to see what car maker is the first to release the IOS integration. Will be in the market for a new car by then.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just don't like the idea of putting junk miles on a good car - not the service requirements or anything, just that I don't like too much wear and tear for such unimportant drives. The 6GC is beautiful, best BMW made in the past decade. I actually prefer the standard non-M sport kit on that car as the venting on the front bumper is lower visually, and the rear M-sport bumper is rather ugly IMO. I feel like the M-sport kit isn't detailed enough for bodywork that is quite intricate - the standard bumpers are just the right balance.

I doubt the regular 6 or GC will be collectible, so I wouldn't care to be honest and BMW has a good residual value, so....

I'm the exact opposite, I find the stock bumpers bland and not aggressive enough.

Recently got this big baby.

Beautiful.

What color?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The "one vehicle does it all" is why I'll probably never get out of an SUV.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hampton is the new green frog

don't think we need more pics of a base cayenne bro but congrats

re: the mileage thing, they're not junk miles if you've enjoyed driving them

gc is one of the few cars bmw makes that looks good in both stock and m trim, i'd be content with this but not the color and shadowline

bmw-6-series-gran-coupe-xl.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads