1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I did, sorry that wasn't clear. Car has pdk, chrono package, nav with Bose system, 20" carrera S wheels and other stuff that I didn't need but didn't add too much to the price so it was ok.

Car did exceed 80k MSRP but I negotiated about 8% off that. Wasn't as good a discount as I got from BMW but I'm ok with it

2. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

8% is pretty good for the first year of the new car. They weren't as flexible when the car first came out.

3. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Lovely Cayman - Congrats!

If only we had the same market in Australia as you do in the states. Cars are expensive here and the dollar does not go as far.

$100k in Australia buys you this (loaded) Audi SQ5 which I just bought to replace my MKVI GTI (which cost $50k once optioned).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bit of a change from the GTI with more room for my first born due in August.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

How is that exspensive and is the Australian sq5 a diesel or a petrol.

5. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

The Australian delivered SQ5's are Diesel.

Well expensive in that the SQ5 runs closer to 60-70k loaded in the US by comparison (I believe).

I should also clarify that I got an incredibly good deal on my SQ5. With all options they can be as high as 120k.

The difference is even greater as you go up. That $99k Aston posted earlier is easily $250k-$300k here.

100k goes a hell of a lot further in the US compared with Australia. I'd get a 2006 Vantage for $99k here.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The US SQ5 has the same engine as the S4.

Those prices are lower that german/UK prices, which are the lowest in Europe.

7. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

I just priced up an SQ5 with similar specs to mine on the UK site and the car came to 51k GBP / 92k AUD drive away.

My car was close to 120k with all taxes etc, however I got it down to 99k. The car is less expensive in the UK, even with my large discount.

I stand by my comment that cars are more expensive in Australia. Still, significantly less so than Singapore :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The base SQ5 is $185k here.

9. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Where is 'here'?

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Mentioned it a couple pages back, Denmark.

11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Heaven forbid anyone forgets that Find Finn lives in DENMARK, the world capital for highest car pricing.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Actually Singapore is the most exspensive ;)

13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

anybody got any info on car prices in countries like, just thinking from the top of my head, Denmark or Singapore?

1 person likes this.
  14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Only reason I know about SQ5 pricing is that I was looking at importing one from Germany earlier in the week and they cost the same as a E63.

15. whiteslashasian

How much is a car rental in a place like Denmark? Are there car share services like Zipcar?

I'd think that cycling as a commute, or public transportation, supplemented by the occasional car rental for long distance trips would be ideal until you have a family...

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

A small city car (smaller than a golf) is from $100 a day with 60miles a day for danes and A LOT cheaper for foreigners.

There's share car, but that is no where near cheap enough for it to make sense.

I just had a quick google and they cost $800< a year in membership fees and from $60 a day for a Focus including petrol, I'm not 100% sure if the price is including the milage or if that's extra.

17. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Congratulations on your choice and your new purchase. Also I'm planning to come back .... but next year.

1 person likes this.
  18. otc

otc Senior member

Well, the day rate on the car shares here is a fair bit more than $60...so that's at least a decent deal (excluding the super high membership fees)

19. whiteslashasian

Right. The cost of a rental or car share in Denmark is better deal than that in the US, relatively speaking when compared to ownership costs.

20. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i rented a small SUV via Zip car a few weeks ago, and it was like $220 for a day. Oh, add $25 for using more than the alloted miles they gave me.