• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Rumpelstiltskin was in the BMWBJ club just 2 or 3 pages back? I would rather have the 320 than any of the other competing 2.0L cars. It's still a nice enough car and just rowing the 6 speed would be relatively fun, it'd provide a lot of entertainment just winding it out in every gear. I had no idea the TSX was a $40K car now, though. That is scary. It's a good car, but I tend to think of it as a $25K car, since it's just a JDM Accord.

More like the BMW Rub & Tug Club (BMWRTC)
laugh2-smiley.gif
$34k for a loaded 4 banger TSX is not a bad thing at all. The car is an efficient soul-less wonder tho.

The 320i is more like $50K out in my parts but I'm not sure if it's even the same turbo'ed model as North America gets. It wasn't before, it was just a wheezy little NA 4 banger that they only sold with a steptronic, which was indeed a tragic little car.

$40 something thousand for a sparsely equipped 180 hp car is a rip off plain and simple. $50k with only step it is tragic

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My best friend has a TSX, I borrow it often since my car got jacked.

Pretty much one of the most boring cars i've ever driven, In order to get any sort of acceleration I have to literally put my foot to the floor and wait ~6 seconds.

Would not call the interior cheap or anything, but it's of comparable quality to my mothers '13 base model Altima.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new Altimas have fairly nice interiors. Was very surprised.

In fact, a lot of the newer Japanese/Korean entry level econocars have loads of creature comforts. The only one that seems to be trailing significantly behind the pack is the corolla. That **** still looks like it's worth $8000 brand new and very dated.

The new accord also looks like it's older than its predecessor. The tail lights are just not right.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
All of those Korean econocars (well, all midsize and up Korean cars, including the Genesis sedan and Equus) are taxis in Seoul, so I ride in them several times a day. They are getting to be relatively good for FWD econo-cars, and the Genesis and Equus aren't so bad for what they are, but the problem with them is that the Hyundais all have center stacks and dashboards that look like an angry dragon on meth, vomiting a cell phone. The KIAs are slightly better as they ape as much Audi as they can get away with.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My experience was that the entry-level econocars were regular taxis and the Equus-type cars (Dynasty -- is that still around?) were the black cars.

God, going back to visit Korea now would be such an eye-opener. I wasn't too big into cars when I lived there years ago so I never noticed them, really. I'm sure I'd be filled with disgust and disappointment were I to go back now, lulz.

How much is gas there again? Like 11,000 won a gallon?

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More like 11,000 lose a gallon...

I'll show myself out. :embar:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My experience was that the entry-level econocars were regular taxis and the Equus-type cars (Dynasty -- is that still around?) were the black cars.

God, going back to visit Korea now would be such an eye-opener. I wasn't too big into cars when I lived there years ago so I never noticed them, really. I'm sure I'd be filled with disgust and disappointment were I to go back now, lulz.

How much is gas there again? Like 11,000 won a gallon?

Yeah gas is probably near $10 a gallon, parking near $10 an hr. Difference between Korea and Japan is that they build a lot of underground parking everywhere in Seoul for new buildings, so parking is slightly less expensive for long term/home parking. In Japan, unless you own a freestanding home or live in a big highrise, your parking is often separate and you have to find something down the block or whatever. Kinda like NY.

sebastian089

Reaction score

Current gen. 1 series GT, as most 1 series owners already think it's FWD, they have decided to cheap out and go FWD.

Fingers crossed they still do coupes etc. in RWD.

GT is not F20 platform. It's already UKL platform, which the next-gen 1 will be based on. 5-series GT was also the first F10 out, while the sedan was still E60.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think they are going to change the platform already on the 1 series, it's not that old and the GT is due out next year.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. The current 1 series platform in the US is here to stay.

The 320 is a nice addition that would appeal to buyers with a 1-series budget who may be finding the current 1s stale.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
v10 r8 is dope but i wouldn't give up the gt3 for it no way jose

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The current 1 series platform in the US is here to stay.

The 320 is a nice addition that would appeal to buyers with a 1-series budget who may be finding the current 1s stale.

Mark my words: The 320 is going to go the way of the 323 and the dodo

mackmittonz

Reaction score
My friend loves the A7 and was asking me if there were any other cars to consider. Does anyone have any thoughts on what other cars to consider in that price range and whether it's worth the extra money for the S7? He usually buys cars and keeps them for a while if that matters.

One car we did look at together (read: looked at reviews online) was the 6 series gran coupe but it's really not as striking a car to both from a performance (have to compare the 640 to the A7 since the 650 is almost 100K after options) and aesthetics perspective. He's looking to buy a car in the $70K-$80K range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads