1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. AllieS

AllieS Member

A good family car is a Saturn ION. We got one of these almost two years ago and it has been the best car. It had under 60K miles on it and was just under 10K. We have had very few issues with it and it is a 2006. Great car.

2 people like this.
  2. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

you raise some great points. i LOL at guys who pay a big part of their income leasing a depreciating car. only to do it again in 4 years.[​IMG]

my car is on a financed loan. but at $100 a month, it's liveable. it's fair on gas. (tyres are a frequent cost[​IMG]) but maintenance is cheap. - i replaced a broken tail light for $5 on yahoo Japan.but a tail light on my wife's car= $245!!!!! doing work yourself saves so much more money you could use for parts, along with the pride of having done it yourself.
    anything spent is an upgrade. so the benefits are plenty. with another 17 years of driving to go. and performance that equals it's newer rivals.

@Mr M i'm so glad you have owned the NSX for such a long time. you understand what it means to keep a car going. along with the driving experience of a constantly evolving ride.

also,BIG thanks to the nice folks at Nissan, who always go out of their way to find me the small stuff. they love seeing a piece of their best work getting cared for. and even make me a coffee while i'm browsing parts catalogues. [​IMG]

p.s. I sometimes see neglected but awesome cars looking sad and lonely. would you guys like to see some pics of homeless Jap cars??? a bit of auto pron??

3. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Beautiful and classy.

1 person likes this.
  4. death shot

death shot Senior member

I've heard good things from others as well.

I've been thinking about starting a project. My buddy brought it up recently and is interested in getting involved so it might actually happen. I have a 99 Turbo in my crosshairs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

:) 911 Turbo Put to Good Use: Pursues & Blocks Hit & Runner

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Went and drove the basic BMW X1 yesterday with sport seats and sport wheel. (We own a Cayenne S and an R 32). It was a blast to drive. Nice power, very nimble, , great interior. All the things you want in a small, car with room to carry stuff in the back. I can see it was one of the only cars that both the car reviewers for the NYTimes praised it in their 2013 roundup.

As an aside, have you ever noticed how certain cars look great in a color and other not so good in the same shade? The X1 looks it's best (a bit more sporty and adventuresome) in black or charcoal. In white it looks like a Nissan. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

^I have, but that just shows how important design/color is to a car, I also find that white cars look worse in cold climates than in warm.

Its a Techart 911 Turbo.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. otc

otc Senior member

I was just thinking this the other day when playing with the online customizer for a WRX (non-sti) after the subarus came up in this thread. Some of the colors looked terrible between just silver/gray/white.

9. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

When cars don't look good in certain colors, to me that is a sign that the design is weak. The original Mas QP was sex on wheels in any color. Same with a lot of Ferraris.

10. otc

otc Senior member

Well, sometimes it has to do with non body colored pieces.

If you have a lot of black accents, they are going to look good with grey, black, deep blue, etc... but might contrast too hard with white. If the accents were meant to be subtle this is a problem.

11. GBear

GBear Senior member

What's wrong with Nissan?

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't know if you'd be happy with an X1 if you're used to a Cayenne

13. piilar

piilar Member

14. death shot

death shot Senior member

^
    You chose...

WISELY!

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Didn't know there was a World War in the golf in '93, also is it the Persian or the Mexican gulf.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  16. death shot

death shot Senior member

WW Golf was a bloody conflict that deserves way more exposure.

17. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have enjoyed my Cayenne S, but it feels large and heavy because it is. Fortunately it has the power, breaks and handling to perform. But I missed a smaller, more nimble car. The Cayenne S is great for what it is, a high performance SUV. But I really don't need something this large.

18. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Macan? Gets rave reviews.

19. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

^ 14 month waiting list. These things are going to be as ubiquitous as Honda Civics.

20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Bent control arm and tie rods.

Looking at roughly $1k in repairs.

Going to put this car up for sale after fixing everything.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014