1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

Why not just rent a car, when needed?

If you have the $$$ get a W212 E63 wagon.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I was just going to suggest the AMG Wagon too. Might not carve a corner like your Porsche but with a 0 - 60 around four seconds you should be happy.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

Twins?

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

/requisitewagonrecommendation

Would rather have a CPO W212 E63T over the CTS-V, but good luck finding one, and the ones with 7-passenger seating are even harder to find. I think I heard they sold something like 60 of them per model year in the USA. On the bright side, if it's just a weekend car, you might not end up putting mileage on it and it'll hold value relatively well for a new-age MB due to the rarity. They trade for a good premium above the sedan and there are people who always looking for one.

5. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

I sent my father a picture and he's ready for one. Well he said, "Will there be a convertible? Because you know I have a thing for convertibles". I assured him there will be one. Then he started talking about how he's on a fixed income and I said, "Wow - woujah look at the time. I got a meeting in 5 minutes Dad. Gotta run..." [​IMG]

He thinks he is slick

6. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Z06 might be a 911T killer for M3 prices. I am closely monitoring this

7. Huntsman

Has it got a solid axle, still? Would you seriously give up a scalpel for a sledgehammer?

~ H

8. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

The Vette isn't that unrefined. Maybe giving up a scalpel for a machete is a better analogy. I definitely plan on test driving it and going from there

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

If you have the pythons for it a sledge is pretty damn satisfying at times.

10. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

When was the last time you drove a vette? I know my dad had a 90something and now has a 2007. It impressed me

11. Huntsman

Never. I am assuming, arguendo, that it is like most of the current crop of Detroit muscle, most of which I've driven (Camaro SS, Mustang GT, etc). Fun, totally tossable and completely enjoyable. But not, I thought, what someone used to Euro sportscars would be into. Also, the interiors are usually pretty bad --- perhaps the worst part.

Piob, strangely enough I have a hobby that requires liberal use of a 22lb sledge. It is awesome. I nicknamed my favorite sledge because i love it so. Oh, I need to get out of law school and have some fun again.

~ H

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

I'm glad I live in Europe, I think half of all E63 are wagons, so they are "easy" to come by.

13. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

The Vette is surprisingly different from the others. I've gotten into the habit recently of upgrading my rental cars on biz trips and have a few weeks' seat time in the mustang gt, Camaro SS cv and the Vette 50th anniv cv.

The first two are still fairly crude, heavy feeling, disconnected and really not enjoyable for me. The Camaro especially is a pos. the corvette was totally different. The engine is an unrefined torque monster like the others, but the handling and driving characteristics are tons better

14. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

This post is true, but the vette is still a hunk of lard compared to refined sports car. In addition, it has a pretty bad reputation as a prick extender.

Unfortunately the 6.3 Mercs are the same thing around power delivery. What use is the power when you can't transition it? Its all for numbers.

15. mike1445

mike1445 Senior Member

Our local shop guy has a late '00s model Z06 in that bright red he brought over the other night. Nice guy, i was warned not to join him for a ride as he has genuinely scared the shit out of my father in law. he loves to drive it fast and it has a mind of its own when you get into the throttle more than modestly. He stated multiple times how he's embarrassed to take it to dinner/events for the prick extension vibe it lends but he's a car guy and pretty set in the "buy American" mindset so couldn't help himself when the opportunity to purchase came up. Mostly just cruises with it on nice nights