1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

HEYNOW! those new sonatas are pretty damn nice. id never own one. but still. :lol:

when i was looking around a couple weeks ago, there was nothing but disappointment. Everything was just so boring...rows and rows of the exact same car...the thing i like about my XK coupe is that i have yet to see one like it in person...a few convertibles, but no coupes. Its a blast to drive, handles great, and im absolutely in love with it. The interior is really nice with a lot of wood and leather..im not a fan of the new interiors with a lot of aggressive looking features and aluminum.

i just need to be rich so i can keep it and get a 4 door to have as well. :nodding:

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You should see what you can get an 08 or 09 GL450 for. This is a great vehicle (I will admit bias) with a power fold third row seat. There is some Car and Driver or MotorTrend long term report and they loved it long term too. Being on my second, I'm a huge fran. I bet you could get a nicely equipped, not miled out one for cheap.

3. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

hmm. good idea. I havent considerd MB at all yet.

4. Blackhood

Blackhood Distinguished Member

Would going from 2 seats to 8 not be ... overkill?

5. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Stylish Dinosaur

2nd Gen Cadillac CTS perhaps? Decent looks, good power, not too shabby though the interior may be a little too modern for ya unless you get the wood trim optioned models.

6. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Distinguished Member

Is there any way we can set up this thread to auto-respond so that any time anyone asks a question about what car to get GreenFrog can recommend a ZHP, Impolyt can reccommend a BMW/Audi wagon (even better if it's a wagon that has never been made like the BMW 640 GC estate TM Impolyt) or a Maser QP and Pio can recommend a GL?

I feel like that might save these guys some time.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013

7. whiteslashasian

This does happen pretty often...

8. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

A nicely equipped maxima will run close to $40k. In that price range there are plenty options.

9. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

man, that's like 2 ZHP's :D

10. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

They do have a resemblance to the Explorer, but it's not as bad as I thought.

12. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

i drove the new Explorer a few months ago in Hawaii. surprisingly good. great features, pleasant interior, the best looking explorer ever IMO. nice to drive too, and i ended up throwing the thing through the volcano park passes because we were running late for our flight off the island. held up great

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013

13. whiteslashasian

I believe this is the first Explorer that is no longer based off Ford's truck chassis'. I think it uses an extended Taurus chassis, similar to the one used by the Flex.

I actually kinda like the new Explorer...but when a RR looks sort of similar...that really dilutes the RR cachet.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

new explorer looks good

15. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

very much so. but with a carseat, and a stroller...maybe not. Especially if i go somewhere and need to take my kid and dog. The only reason a SUV is being considered is because ive always had a hard on for a range rover.

i like the CTS but not enough to buy one.

doooode....hell no. used. no way would i pay 40K for a nissan. more like 20K with 50K miles.