Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Not really a fan of the new AMG look. It looks cheapened by the pie plate grill and the LED motifs, overtly large ducts, and two-tone on the rockers.

I really want to see them make a 6er touring. It doesn't even need to be an M6 GT, I'd seriously like this car even if it were a 640i GT, simply for the design. Those rear fenders would bloat really nicely under the rear quarter windows, kinda like the way a new Scirocco does it, except the BMW would be even sexier because it's so long and low. The 6GC doesn't even really need to be lowered IMO, it's already so low-profile for a 4-door car. The rear end on the 6er would be nicely resolved as well; the F11 touring has an ugly reverse angle thing with the taillights and the license plate indent at opposing angles. The rear end of the new A6 Avant is really ugly.

(needs to be in a different color)
    [​IMG]

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The photoshop renderings of the rear 3/4 of the 6GT are fugly to be honest.

I'm yet to see a nicely "modded" GC, all the ones online are heinous and I actually really like the rear of the F11, the A6 avant has grown on me, especially after I saw a lowered s-line in daytona grey.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I saw the new Range Rover being driven on a street in DC yesterday. I liked its looks better than I thought I would.

Lots of nice cars to admire on the streets here.

4. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

I dont like the new RRs nearly as much as i like the mid 2000s body. The new ones remind me a lot of the new ford explorer.

Anyone with experience care to weigh in on the quality of a 2005ish RR? With a baby on the way, my XK is being forced out since theres not room for a carseat.

5. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

Page edmorel, resident LR/RR disgruntled owner. My 2006 and 2008 LR3 were both riddled with problems. Although a 2005 RR might have been made by BMW, before the Ford era

6. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

damn. I kinda hate to hear that. Seems for every person ive met that praised them, theres 20 that had nothing but problems.

7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Sad that you have to get rid of the XK already :(

8. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

i know man. im pretty bummed. Wife wants me to get a Maxima or a Camry. :(

9. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

noooooooooooooo

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

That is the most depressing thing I've heard in awhile. Pouring one out for you right now, DerekS. Don't get one of those RR's btw, money pit. Get a 535Xi wagon :devil:

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Had a mid 2000s LR3 HSE, can't remember what model year exactly, and never had a single problem with it. I even took it on several extreme off road rides sponsored by the local Rover dealership. I can tell you the are not exaggerating its off road capabilities.

12. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

I don't trust those cvt trannies in the maxima. They have been nothing but problems. And a camry? My mother has had like for of them and all in mother colours. Stand up to your wife while you still can!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013

13. whiteslashasian

I was going to suggest the Audi S6 C5 Wagon (V8) or the S6 C6 Sedan (V10) but the 535xi Wagon should do the trick too.

Maybe an Audi Q7 Diesel?

14. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

sad days right? im gonna hang on as long as i can. Its coming up time for a service..$1500 for tires, $1000 for brakes, and an oil change/service for $500 makes it a little easier to get rid of.

i knooooowwwww

thats good to hear....ill use it for nothing other than commuting to and from work down a 2 lane highway. I just like the lines of teh RR.

im not a fan of BMWs at all...and the audis are purty as hell, but a little more than i want to pay i think. And to be honest, id rather have a maxima or camry over those wagons...i hate em. haha.

15. whiteslashasian

Blasphemy!

Might as well just get a Hyundai Sonata or Kia Optima...

I kid...sort of.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013